• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay so being a retired Navy veteran and having used the Sig Sauer P226 on active duty I knew this was something I had to add to my handgun collection. I purchased this a few weeks ago and chose this over the other 226 models. I also purchased a Streamlight TLR-1 and a 20 round magazine for it. I was also pleasantly surprised that it came with 3-15 round mags as well. I took it to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center on Quintette yesterday. This gun performed superbly! that being an understatement! I fired approx. 100 rounds of monarch 115gr and 50 rounds of Remington HP 115gr. I had no FTF and shot 1" groups at the 7yd line. This is a pretty heavy pistol and was shot using the TLR-1 as I wanted to shoot it with the heavier weight. I preferred shooting it with the 15 round mags as hand position was better without the extended magazine. Recoil was slight and back on target was quick this pistol is a pleasure to shoot and is my new house and SHTF pistol and my most accurate handgun to date. Comes close to my Beretta M9 and Springer 1911! Should have bought this one sooner! No mods planned for this one! Thanks Gene

Attachments

• Sig226 (1280x720).jpg
      Sig226 (1280x720).jpg
      113.7 KB · Views: 324
    Last edited:

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bob, no adjustments needed out of the box attached right to the milspec 1913 rail on the SIG. Light is super bright and has additional parts for other rails though. Also by far one of the easiest breakdowns for any semi auto pistols around!

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for your service.

The Navy carries Sigs?

I'm a former SWCC sailor so we always had plenty of toys! We had access to a lot of what the SEAL's used.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From the Gator Frieghter LF6F floats I went on in the 90's while deployed to the Mediterranean Sea, Sailors were still using 1911's, M-14's and 870's

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Droskhi said:
    The Navy carries Sigs?

SEAL units do, and I think aviators are issued M11s now. I have a buddy that flies rotary wing and that's what he got issued.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've heard of it and believe it, but all I ever got to carry was some silly Beretta. Maybe it's a spec ops thing.

Beretta M9 was a fine pistol as well never had any issues with it and was very accurate though my preference would be the Sig or 1911! ")

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Beretta M9 was a fine pistol as well never had any issues with it and was very accurate though my preference would be the Sig or 1911! ")

When I did weapons detail in Annapolis, I was assigned to rifle, and I had many chances to replace the S with an E on my pistol ribbon to match my rifle one. I must have tried 5 times before giving up and each and every time, I was off by 1-3 points.
    I, of course blame the arrow, as opposed to the Indian, so I will forever despise it, with it stupid double action and it's ridiculous safety. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol.

I've never shot the 226's but they look great. They fit my hand very well, and the 227 is right up my alley. I'm especially intrigued by the SAO versions.
    That's a really great looking pistol with its anchor honoring your service. I've seen a 716 with a Budweiser on it, I hear they made a limited run. Very cool.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan I feel your pain I qualified for my E with the 1911 5-6 times and 1 each for the M9 and 226. Funny thing is now I am more accurate with the M9 and 226 than my 1911s must be an age thing. Also never qualified for the E with the AR only the M14. Shame we couldn't use a red dot or scope! LOL Maybe they do nowadays!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    First time I tried a red dot was back then. I couldn't understand why the dot kept moving if I shifted my eye. Duh! Lol.
    M14 I can understand, I'm scratching my head about the 1911 thing. Maybe you're used to 9 and flinch a bit with a 45, that is odd though. How does the SA trigger on the Sig compare?

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First time I tried a red dot was back then. I couldn't understand why the dot kept moving if I shifted my eye. Duh! Lol.
    M14 I can understand, I'm scratching my head about the 1911 thing. Maybe you're used to 9 and flinch a bit with a 45, that is odd though. How does the SA trigger on the Sig compare?

Biggest difference I can see is both my 9s have more trigger slack than my 1911.s No trigger creep in the 226 though its very smooth shooting gun. Maybe I was just more used to the 1911 back then since I shot it more than anything else. That and my eyes ain't what they used to be. Nowadays I like the big 3 dot sights! :)

dwhoolery1974

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello Gene, I don't mean to bother you but I believe you had the Mk25 for sale on Floridaguntrader.com and when I went back to check for contact information the ad was gone. If you still have it and are still interested in selling it I am very much interested in it

Top Bottom