• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    Never said I don’t plant. I just don’t waste effort on peanuts. This was almost a month ago. They blooming now.

Attachments

• DA425C36-FF0F-4817-B9D7-3BC049D15428.jpeg
      DA425C36-FF0F-4817-B9D7-3BC049D15428.jpeg
      2.6 MB · Views: 8

FrommerStop

Master
    I’m good

But if shtf that bad the trouble will be keeping what you have from those that didn’t prepare. Hungry people will do anything for food including taking yours.
    Absolutely true. Problem is we all have guns, both the hungry and preppers.
    Do not tell people that you have food. My worry is them smelling the cooking. Meat smell especially when over a flame will carry. If there is electricity, a modern pressure cooker is good. I need to find an old fashion pressure cooker that I can use over a fire incase we have no electricity.

I am looking for food that one can have that is not be easily found. Jerusalem artichoke is one. I planted some in diverse places on my acreage and I see that it is coming up. It is considered invasive. At most I may weed it and this fall just try a few out to see what it is like. It will store in the ground and if I leave it alone it is supposed to propagate like a weed and someone does have dig it up like one does for potatoes to eat it. Most hungry people will never recognize what it is. Most will not know what cassava is either and it is like poke weed; it will make you sick if you do not know how to prepare it. I have a few poke weed volunteers that I need to propagate.

Southalabama

Master
    Interested in survival gardening check out david the good on YouTube.

He’s local to the area though somewhat ambiguous about where he lives. He sells plants at the market in Pensacola. He has 300k subscribers.

In a former capacity I was good at finding out things and got paid for it. I figured out where he lives but understand why he wouldn’t want that public. Kinda like showing preps. While I enjoy prepper pantry videos on YouTube no real prepper would show you or tell you. Factor in 300k fans some of who might like to stop by I won’t dox him.

He’s written several books and is into something he’s coined called grocery row gardens and food forest. His goal is for survival living. He doesn’t grow the traditional crops. If you like you can even buy a t-shirt from him with “compost your enemies” emblazoned on it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Interested in survival gardening check out david the good on YouTube.

He’s local to the area though somewhat ambiguous about where he lives. He sells plants at the market in Pensacola. He has 300k subscribers.

In a former capacity I was good at finding out things and got paid for it. I figured out where he lives but understand why he wouldn’t want that public. Kinda like showing preps. While I enjoy prepper pantry videos on YouTube no real prepper would show you or tell you. Factor in 300k fans some of who might like to stop by I won’t dox him.

He’s written several books and is into something he’s coined called grocery row gardens and food forest. His goal is for survival living. He doesn’t grow the traditional crops. If you like you can even buy a t-shirt from him with “compost your enemies” emblazoned on it.
    Well David etc can be a pain to deal with and I am not one of his fans, but he knows a lot. But does not have things together so to speak and I do not care for his attitude. I rather follow R. White and his wife on Flomaton Famous on facebook because he is local and we have done some scion and other trading over the years.

Ric-san

Master
    Mountain House is my go to for through hiking. "Good To Go" is another brand that has great reviews, but I haven't tried them yet - currently working through my Mountain House stash.

As far as Filters go - Sawyer Filters are my go to as they seem to hold up better then some of the other flow through filters.

Get the 28MM adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018NJC1A6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

You can have a SmartWater bottle for dirty water, and then another for clean. Just remember to not screw the bottom (clean) bottle tight so air can escape and pull the water down from the dirty water bottle.

For camping I use the CNOC 2L water bladder for the dirty water and hang it from a branch.

View attachment 282565

That's what I use - YMMV
    I’ve hiked the Grand Canyon several times and used Mountain House and also the brand form REI, both were good and tasted decent. For water I used a Sawyer mini, no issues. Watch some YouseTubes vids on long distance hikers (Appalachian, PCT/CDT trails) for reviews of both food and water systems. Don’t forget that you need a means to boil water, ie again, a system. There’s several from alcohol stoves, MSR pocket rocket, Jetboil, etc. Part of the “system” you need to have for the dehydrated food…best of luck.Jetboils/Pocket Rocket need a fuel canister. Yes you can also go old school and start a Boy Scout style camp fire…

RackinRay

Master
    A twig stove is pretty effective, as long as there is adequate fuel in the area. One that creates a second burn effect would have a low to no smoke. Lots of videos on how to make one, or snag online from China.

Top Bottom