• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I have a couple cans and a few SBR, but this was before e forms, and I just felt intimidated by the kiosk and had a dealer complete my paperwork on them. I'm casually looking for another can now. Right time, right special, ready to jump.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah. They have a kiosk in my new favorite gunstore. My dumb butt should have bought one. Need to do it in June when I get off the boat. Probably go with a .22 can first. Don't think one of the "do all" cans would work that well. .22, 9mm, 30 cal..

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yeah. They have a kiosk in my new favorite gunstore. My dumb butt should have bought one. Need to do it in June when I get off the boat. Probably go with a .22 can first. Don't think one of the "do all" cans would work that well. .22, 9mm, 30 cal..

My first can was a YHM 30 cal, full size. It lives permanently on my Honey Badger build now, but for as long time it was bouncing back and forth on several rifles. I ended up adding a 9mm and a 22 soon after, both of which I highly recommend.

If I could do it again, I would spend a little more up front and get a SiCo Hybrid 46, or one of the other multi-cal ones that do pistol to at least 9mm and rifles to 300 win mag. I like all my cans I have, but if you’re getting just one to start I suggest that since it’ll hold you over for a lot longer.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'm not against do all cans, but they aren't for 22. You want a small dedicated can for rimfire. They will fit under handguards and they are much lighter for pistols(handguns)

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Agreed. I didn’t mean to include 22 in the “do all” category.

I seem to recall there are a couple 5.56 cans rated for rimfire as well, but getting a dedicated 22 one is better IMO and just so much fun. I bought the Q El Camino and it’s freaking awesome. Weighs less than 4 ounces too.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I went by 3 shops today, the lower wait time has killed 90% of their stock

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Now SS shows 11 Day average for individual. And I'm still waiting on my can to show up to the FFL, showed "In stock" when I ordered it 2 weeks ago

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SS is the way to go, but right now almost everything they have is out of stock. I got FOMO due to all the people talking about the short wait times and decided to buy another one but the one I wanted was out of stock on SS. I searched all over the country and finally found one in Idaho. The form 3 only took about a week to get it to my local SS store but the big drawback is if you don't buy it through SS the SOT LGS (at least mine does) will charge you a fee that ranges anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars. Funny thing is though, sometimes you can find one that much cheaper than SS elsewhere so in the end it's a wash. Now with my luck it will probably revert back to the six months or so usual approval time ;-).

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Greyman changes $50 for NFA, Emerald coast in Valparaiso charges $150 . But let you shoot it at their range untill it's out of jail.

Top Bottom