( SOLD ) S&W 29-2 44 Magnum ( West Side Pensacola )

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: Sold

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Price
    Sold
    Item Location
    Pensacola
    1972 S&W 29-2 8 3/8 " 44 Magnum. Pinned and recessed. Anything you see in the finish is dust or oil. The finish is flawless. In full disclosure I had the pistol refinished at Fords Restoration in Crystal River. Master blue finish along with going over all the stamps, letters and , numbers on it. Cold case hardening on the trigger and hammer. The pistol had lost blueing on one side obviously from sitting in a drawer for almost 50 years other than that it was and is in great condition. A truly beautiful work of art . You must inspect this pistol to see how nice it really is. $1800

Attachments

• 20210306_214600.jpg
      20210306_214600.jpg
      5.5 MB · Views: 104
    • 20210306_214645.jpg
      20210306_214645.jpg
      4.5 MB · Views: 105
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    very nice smith there sir, i have the same model and dash number in a 6 1/2" dirty harry, good luck with the sale of a fine firearm sir. i have a 629 no dash in 8 3/8" and a 27-2 nickel in the 8 3/8" i am partial to the 6" and 8 3/8" guns just love them

Last edited:

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thank you sir , I'm sure you love the 6 1/2 ". As far as I know the only point in the movie where the 8 3/8" was used is the football field scene. The revolvers were hard to find even for the filming of the movie. I believe these were some of the nicest made. Everyone wants the pythons because they were hand fit but most people do not realize the old Smith and Wessons were all hand fit . The nicest trigger by far.

Famman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Fords Restorations has a sterling rep for first class refinish work. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I believe Turnbull and Fords are the 2 best currently. Fords can be 6-8 months. Turnbull is over a year. I would suggest everyone check out their work. Some of the beautiful, rare, and expensive firearms available. It gives us something to work towards. I love the U.S.A.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Refinishing a nice revolver will likely diminish the value by fifty percent, no matter how good of a job they do.
    Some people just like a nice revolver and don't really care about collectibles. I hope whoever gets this revolver shoots it, shows it off, let's their friends shoot it, and takes great pride in it. I guarantee you if you set an unfired 72 29-2 next to this one 99% of the people would choose this one. There are unfired examples of this firearm sitting in safes across this country available for purchase so they can sit in someone else's safe. I shot this revolver and let several of my friends shoot it before the restoration. It has been restored to better than new condition and now someone else can appreciate and share such a fine firearm with their family and friends. Collectible value ? I'll take the time spent with family and friends enjoying a piece of American history . That sir is priceless.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Deferent strokes for deferent folks, good luck with your sell .
    The only other option in current production for an even semi hand fitted revolver with comparable accuracy is a Korth. $5300. It's not always about collecting anymore. When you can get a classic revolver matching the performance of a modern production for 1/3 the price it's an easy choice for us poor people .

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dave, really nice to meet you and yours.. I'm sure the revolver will bring you many years of enjoyment. From the grins I believe it just became community property. I'm glad y'all got it.

Top Bottom