• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have a Luepold reflex red dot mounted on top of a Kahles scope on my AR. This setup came on a used gun I bought a while back. It seemed like a good short/long combination. I can't seem to get the red dot zeroed in accurately. Most of what I have read talks about keeping both eyes open with the red dot I only see out of one eye so I am wondering if this effects getting this site zeroed. I have know problem with the traditional scope. Anyone have any suggestion?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My guess is that the problem is not with your eyes. If the red dot is mounted on top of a scope on top of an AR, then you've probably got a chin weld when looking through the red dot. In my experience, chin welds are not very consistent, so that could be causing you trouble. Another thought is that some red dots have paralax within a certain distance, say 50yds.

FWIW, I've never had any trouble with a red dot shooting with either one eye open or both eyes open. The only problem I've had was when a Burris Fastfire II didn't have enough adjustment to zero on my CX4.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Now that you mention it, I am guessing that the position of my head is not very consistent when I am zeroing this site since I did not use a super stable mount and had to reach around it to turn the screws. I will get a more stable mount and try for a more consistent head position. Thanks for responding.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It shouldn't matter where your eye is when sighting in the Leupold reflex sight. It should be 100% paralax free, meaning that the dot remains on target regardless of eye position. If you can see the dot on the target it should shoot to point of aim once sighted in.

When you say you are having a problem please explain exactly what you mean. Is it inconsistent? Not enough adjustment to get it zeroed?

Top Bottom