• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My point in bringing this up was the fact that someone was trying to help vets and they could see someone face to face and not fill out a survey that gets seen by God knows who that might or might not care if they are in pain.
    I know from experance that it is alot better to sit across from someone and let them know how you feel and get some feed back on your feelings than to read some self help book on how to handle your feelings.

The VA is so big and takeing care of so many people that there will always be problems. They are much better than they were 25 years ago by far if you ask someone who has been in there system that long.

They are dealing with a diffrent vet now and have to take diffrent steps with the care of Vets intering the system. With so many deployments now the mental health is a problem diffrent than when you went to war for a year,come home and went into civ life.

PTSD is now being reconised(Spelling) and treated and considered a disability. The number of claims for all kinds of disabilaty has went up in the va system as well as ssi claims.

They have autherised over time over time and I think hired more people to procsses clains to grt rid of some of the blacklog taken care of on claims so they are trying to at least help with the problem.

My advice to GI's is to go to the VA as soon as you are dicharged and regester before you ever get a job. Then you are indegent and have no income. Take there phisacal and do the means test. Take time out and go once a year. You don't even have to take the means test every year now they use inormation from your tax return. Yep IRS. If you are already in the system I would think it would speed up your claim if you decide you have a disability claim from your service.

Take time to be informed and if you aren't happy with your treatment then see your rep and try to get something done.

My intention was to let people know there are those in goverment that are trying to help instead of just cutting funds.

Edit Spelling sucked but just try to igure it out. It was a long night.

Top Bottom