• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevilDog

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Got really bored tonight so I pulled out the paracord and whipped up a single point sling for the new AR, just need to pick up a quick disconnect for it. It is 56ft of paracord and is adjustable for size of the shooter. This is the largest project I have ever done with paracord and my first attempt at any type of sling. Very happy with the result.

I have to BZO the gun this weekend, hence the targets.

Attachments

• WebSized-0455.jpg
      WebSized-0455.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 420

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice work! I wrapped my AK underfolder not to long ago, can be tedious work!

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just an FYI hobby lobby in pcola had a huge selection of paracord multiple camo patterns too. They were selling 100 ft. Legnths for 8.99. This was last week so im not sure how much is left but they had a huge selection. Michaels in pcola was sold out completely

DevilDog

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just be careful about where you buy your paracord as some are selling a cheaper version. You have to check the core for 7 strands. Many are selling them with 5-6 cores and it is not true 550 cord. I only trust the real stuff with my life.

SGT Knots is who I use when buying mine. I buy in bulk, usually 1,000 ft spools unless I need an odd color for a project. I get the 1,000 ft spool for $50 unless they are on sale.

www.sgtknots.com/

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Shaggy,
    I read the same thing in my research about making sure it is 7 strand.
    I will be in Pensacola on Wednesday, so will check them out. If not the real thing, I will order it.

wakenhord

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Paracord- the name itself is a combination of variant features and distinct functions in various environments, It is a lightweight nylon kernmantle rope originally used in the suspension lines of US parachutes during World War II. Once in the field, paratroopers found this cord useful for many other tasks. It is now used as a general purpose utility cord by both military personnel and civilians. This versatile cord was even used by astronauts during STS-82, the second Space Shuttle mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope. Despite the historic association of pararopes with Airborne units and divisions, virtually all US units have access to the cord. It is used in almost any situation where light cordage is needed. Typical uses include attaching equipment to harnesses, as dummy cords to avoid losing small or important items, tying rucksacks to vehicle racks, securing camouflage nets to trees or vehicles, and so forth. When threaded with beads, paracord may be used as a pace counter to estimate ground covered by foot. Another use of parachute cord is in the stringing of mallet percussion instruments, such the xylophone, marimba, or vibraphone .Additional uses for parachute cord is in the manufacture of additional items, such as lanyards, belts, dog leashes, and key chains. This is becoming more popular as crafters are discovering this unique material.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shaggy,

Awesome sling and Thanks for the info and the site. I need to order a couple of roll's for and think I will attemp a sling as well.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter made one for her pink b.b gun last year. I like the color of yours

Latest posts

Top Bottom