• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any of you folks have any insight as to why the NRA doesn't run commercials about background checks at gun shows? All we see and hear is "government wants to close the gunshow loophole." I wish someone with backing would run ads and educate the folks out there that think you can walk in at a show and purchase a firearm form a dealer without a background check. THis is what the media want all the anti-gunners to believe..

HL1:lock1:

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frank, you & I know these are the folks that are targeted, but the media reports leave that part out. They are insinuating that "no one" at a gun show gets checked. I'm just thinking it would be nice to see an ad with someone getting a gun call from a dealer at a gun show. I know about the person to person sales part, but media makes it sound much different..

HL1

1956_4x4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The media knows that the dealers are required to conduct the background checks. They intentionally leave that fact out when "reporting the facts" to the general population. If I only had the information on this situation that the media continues to shove down our throats, I might be on the side demanding background checks too. The way they make it sound anyone that wants a gun could get it by paying the entry fee and walking in to get their gun.

And if you think this is the only thing they lie about....

Smitty

Top Bottom