• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Guys,

Back in early November, I bought a Ruger M-77 mk2 Varmit/Target on Gunbroker. I figured that if it shot like I imagined it would, I'd want to put a "lifetime" scope on it. It came with 1" rings.... so I was inclined initially to go with a 1" tube. I've got a .243 with a leupold 3x9 that I really like, but I knew the 25-06 was going to need a bit more power since I plan to go out west with the rifle one day. So, I started my search for the model I wanted on ebay, then started searching other outlets when I found what I wanted. The scope is a VX-3 4.5-14 power with a 30mm tube. The scope has the new "CDS" that I'm learning about... Midway wanted $808.00 I found it at outdoors4less.net for $690+ shipping. Leupold's suggested retail is $999. The best price on ebay I could find for it was $780.00.
    www.outdoors4less.net camping equipment and all sorts of stuff.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great grab !! If this is the scope that we have talked about in PM's you really(REALLY !)need to true and lapp them rings before applying torque to the scope ring screws. Given the Ruger integral mount system and the fact that some Ruger firearms use two different height rings for the same weapon,I would highly recommend this simple procedure.

Great scope you have there. It will undoubtably compliment the long range capabilities of the 25-'06. The 30mm tube will add a little field of view and (arguably)I feel a little light gathering capability. Nice find indeed. --- SAWMAN

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great scope, as is anything Leupold. I have a Springfield Armory 4X14X56 Gen III but I sure wish I'd gotten the Leupold Tactial in the same dimensions instead.

Rick

Top Bottom