• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys! I joined about a week ago and have been absorbing as much info as possible but thought I should muster some courage and say hello. My name is Amanda and I live in Pensacola. About a year ago I decided to go to the range with a friend of mine to see what all the fuss was about. I hadn't even emptied the first clip when I knew I was in trouble. I was in love with shooting and could already see my bank account shrinking.

I took a gun intro and ccw class so I could learn the basics. The only gun I had ever shot was a shotgun my grandpa handed me when I was about eight so he could get a good laugh when it knocked me on my ass. Guns weren't a part of my upbringing and I was scared to even hold a handgun when I would look at different shops. I've come a little way since then, but know I have so much to learn.

I respect the passion you guys have for protecting your rights and I would love to join the conversation once I get my feet on solid ground. I guess the point of this post is to say thanks for having a great place for me to learn about this stuff. I look forward to picking your brains!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Welcome Amanda, we will try to assist and mind our manners...lol...try to that is
    Half way thru your first Magazine was a good time to fall in love, what are you shooting now and do you hunt??

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I think that this is Stanley with a new computer hookup. Hey Stan......is that you ??

If not .... welcome to the forum. I taught classes in concealed carry to the wives of deployed servicemen for the first 5 years that I was in P'cola. I will try to help you out(iffen you aint Stan) the very best that I can. REFUSE to be a victim. --- SAWMAN

HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I know a Stan, but am definitely not one. No need to mind your p's and q's fellas, I'm not easy to offend. :D

To answer your questions Frank I do not hunt. I fish quite a bit, but haven't ever ventured into that realm. I currently carry a Ruger LCP, which works well for my needs. I enjoy shooting a Mark III at the range, a great ego-booster lol. I have a couple handguns but just picked up a Saiga 12 in case the politicians get their way.

What do you guys find is the best carry weapon for your needs? I also have been trying to decide if there is anything else I need to pick up before the new bans go into place. Any ideas there? Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Too bad, good hunting around here and you get to eat what you shoot...LOL get extended mags for your weapons, plenty of ammo and don't panic, since you are not an AR shooter not much to worry about buying. Good Luck!

Attachments

• PICT0339.JPG
      PICT0339.JPG
      80.9 KB · Views: 101

HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aww so sad...I mean you can tell he was headed home from a Mardi Gras parade and BAM! lol'

I've never gotten to shoot an AR and am honestly convinced i'd like it a little too much and NEED one. One can only eat so much Ramen.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah that was my mardi gras Pig, too much celebrating so he was a bit slower than the rest. I shoot the 6.8 which is about 70% of a 308 on a light AR 15 platform...might as well hunt with it if you can and it does keep meat in the freezer!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom