• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New guy from North Mississippi.

Come from a family of gun enthusiast.

NRA Patriot Life Member.

NRA Police Firearms Instructor (retired)

My immediate family (me, stepdad, grandfather, & brother) own over 1000 guns combined.

Thanks for having me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the forum. What's your favorite gun out of that 1000+ collection and why? :)

That's a great question, one that quickly brought a smile to my face.

That being said, although it is a great question its an almost impossible question to answer. Not because of the number of guns, but because of memories and sentimental value. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, I'm a sentimental fool.

I'll give you a few and why they are my favorites.

Early 1970s Revelation/Western Auto 20 Gauge Pump - My dad bought it used for me when I was around 5-6 years old in 1976. It was my first shotgun. He bought it and propped it up in the corner of the living room and for me to look at and contemplate when I was ready to shoot it. He told me when I was ready to shoot it let him know. After a while, a good while, I was probably 7 I thought I was ready. After work that day he took me out in the country, loaded it with buckshot, showed me where the safety was, and told me to let it rip. It had a pretty good kick to it, especially for my age/size and the buckshot. The kick must have been very noticeable because each time I pulled the trigger I can remember my dad would giggle, and when I would look over there at him he would have the biggest smile on his face. I think part of it was pride and part of it was that he thought it was comical that shotgun was knocking me around the turn row. One thing it taught me was the appreciation of a good kick, even now I love and look forward to the good kick of a shotgun. My dad's been dead for 11 years, but if I live another 200 years I will NEVER forget that smile. Its probably not worth that much, I've never checked, it doesn't matter I wouldn't trade it for a corvette. When my daughter was 12, she shot it for the first time and I recorded it and posted it to YouTube, without thinking I had that same giggle.

2nd Gen Glock 17 - After I got out of the Army I enrolled in college and got my first job in law enforcement as a uniformed police officer for a small municipality close to the college I was attending. The day the chief hired me he stated he would issue me a .357 or he gave me a list of approved handguns I could carry. One was a Glock 17. I have never been a good shot with a revolver so I really wanted to get my own. Since me and the Army were paying for my college my grandfather agreed to buy me a Glock. Between the fact my grandfather, who is still alive, bought it for me and that it is one of the only guns in my collection that literally saved my rear, it is no doubt one of my favorites.

Colt 1908 25 Auto - This one is sentimental and important to me for several reasons. First of all it was my grandmothers, and she loved it. I can't ever remember her not having it. And whenever we left the safety of my little small town she took it with her. I even watch her shoot it a time or two and she did pretty well. But it sentimental also because of how she got it. My grandmother was the city manager for the city she lived in and the Chief of Police for the city was her best friend in the whole world. He gave her that pistol for her birthday, and I think he obtained it in a way that was acceptable back then but wouldn't be now. That Police Chief was like a member of my family and was the first reason I wanted to be a police officer.

Winchester Model 74 .22 LR Cal Tube Fed Semi Auto Rifle Circa 1954 - This was the first gun that I owned, that I could say was all mine. My other grandfather bought it new in the 50s and then gave it to me in 1976 when I was 5 years old. He gave it to me as a graduation present from Kindergarten.

Italian Made .44 Black Powder Revolver - From what I know it is one of those Navy reproduction type revolvers. My dad was a hunter, but more than hunting he loved to explore and he was an avid amutuer acheologist. We were always on the banks of some river, or the woods, looking for old settlements. Any time we were out in the country, away from civilization he worse his calvary hat, and his pair black powder revolvers. And they weren't just for looks, they were always loaded. I know he at least killed one coyote and a couple of snakes with thembecause I was with him when he did. When he died, I kept one and gave my brother one. But I kept the Calvary hat.

IMG_1705.JPEG

I could go on and on. I have dozens of guns that are awesome that I have bought. I have several AR15/M4s, numerous handguns, 1911s, you name it and I probably have it, or at least my family does. But its the ones like I've mentioned above that have that intrinsic value that can be bought at a gun store.

Top Bottom