• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was about to start a thread asking about crossbows when I found this one. Don't know the first thing about them but was intrigued looking at them in Mike's yesterday.

I'd like to find a decent deal on a used one to see if it's something I would get in to then maybe upgrade.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've always wanted a bow/crossbow, but I have no clue really where to start.

Ben My wife got me a Barnett Jackal last year and I hunted with it all last year.It is by far not the fastest,most expensive ,or nicest looking but I will tell you what I would not want anything more..The power of those things are incredible to say the least.They are devistating and remarkably accurate.I put a 3dot crap scope on it and I was holding first dot zero out to forty.The first time you shoot even a target with them I remember looking at my buddy in disbelief asking him " did you see that shit?" I have a pic around here of the first one I shot, I was walking back for the night and he was looking dead at me about thirty out.He continued to look a little too long...I found the arrow in a pinetree 20 yds behind him 3 inches in it, at exactly the same hight of where I shot him in the neck (high). The exit wound looked like I shot him with a 7mm but alot more carnage,and none of the jello blood I usually get after shooting one with my .270...I personally given the choice would do a matrix jump infront of a 300 winmag before I ever would want any part of a crossbow bolt..for the record the bolt was tipped with a 3 blade rage titanium...

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a @$500 PSE that I bought this year a week after bow season opened. It is a badass killing machine. I have hated bow season in the past but with cross I hunted @15 times! Can shoot small rabbits at over 40 yards. And Ole carver I know it was a long time ago when u posted but if u still in need I have a new sight for PSE that I scoped.(I'll give u)

roytinman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got my 350 last october, one spike and one doe, knocked the doe off her feet at 18 yds with rage two blade. kinetic killer...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ben My wife got me a Barnett Jackal last year and I hunted with it all last year.It is by far not the fastest,most expensive ,or nicest looking but I will tell you what I would not want anything more..The power of those things are incredible to say the least.They are devistating and remarkably accurate.I put a 3dot crap scope on it and I was holding first dot zero out to forty.The first time you shoot even a target with them I remember looking at my buddy in disbelief asking him " did you see that shit?" I have a pic around here of the first one I shot, I was walking back for the night and he was looking dead at me about thirty out.He continued to look a little too long...I found the arrow in a pinetree 20 yds behind him 3 inches in it, at exactly the same hight of where I shot him in the neck (high). The exit wound looked like I shot him with a 7mm but alot more carnage,and none of the jello blood I usually get after shooting one with my .270...I personally given the choice would do a matrix jump infront of a 300 winmag before I ever would want any part of a crossbow bolt..for the record the bolt was tipped with a 3 blade rage titanium...

Guess I missed this somehow but MM, that is the kind of information I need.

Top Bottom