• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    6.8 SPCII Delton Upper, ARP 16" Scout barrel, MCD MD, Spikes Lower RRA match trigger, MI Gen 2 SS OD 12" handguard, Magpul OD CTR Butt stock, Ergo OD grip, Redfield 3-9x40..put my Strikefire on it for the pics...hmm now I can't decide what to put on it!

100_0157.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0151.jpg

100_0154.jpg

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Purty.... I am working up a build on me one.

I'm thinking on going with a bull or a heavy barrel and a Timney trigger

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah I go w the lightest barrels, the others are too heavy to hunt with and this one has been melonite treated, indestructible. Better hurry, as it is there are no 6.8 bolts out there now and many on backorder.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah, Christmas shopping kicked my but... I have a few of the parts but the bolts seem to be few and far between....i;m going to push as far as i can while stuff is out there

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice rifle Frank. Can't wait till mine gets here. Let me know how the strikefire works if you use it. That is what I am thinking of putting on mine. Now go kill a hog with it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks, I changed, am going to use my Aimpoint 9000L on my old gun, using XTall 30MM Rings and the Redfield 3-9x40 on this gun till I can afford a Leupold VX-R. I will sell the StrikeFire after I sight in the Aimpoint and like it. Lets go kill something!!(game animal)

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    well good for you, I was over 800 when I tried to order from them for what i wanted from what they had...ended up still w 800 but with what I really wanted...it is all in supply and demand and availability. You will have to try several different ammo's to see what shoots well in the 1-10 barrel but you will like it! Good luck to you!

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks.

I will pick up some reloading dies for it after Christmas and go from there. Should be fun.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That will be great, I do not reload but for loads, powders and advice, I would suggest you join the http://68forums.com absolutely the best caliber specific forum on the net! In fact IF you are a 6.8 owner or thinking about the caliber, I would highly recommend the 6.8 forum, I am the same name there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Got her to the range today, put the 3-9x40 Redfield on her(till I can afford a Leupold VX-R) and got it on paper, then dialed it in. It was a pleasure to shoot and I left it where it was after putting 5 into the 1" circle all touching at 50yds. I decided to use the Hornady 120 SST with this gun, I did shoot some SSA Barnes 110TSX out of it and they were all 1" right of the circle on the target in a nice group. Remembering that I should be able to use either ammo.

Barrel Spec for those that want to know:
    4150 CMV 6.8 barrel with a more accurate 6.8 ARP chamber and Hybrid 5R rifling 11.25 twist .
    M4 feed ramps, mid length gas system, .750 gas block dia.
    Melonite treated barrels have proven to last 30% longer than chromelined barrels and are more accurate. Hi perf. chamber and barrel allow for ANY factory ammo to be used along with the hottest handloads.
    These 5R barrels usually produce 60-80fps more than the common 11 twist 4 groove barrels and are as fast as some 20" barrels. These barrels are as accurate as any 6.8 barrels made, many report 1/2" groups at 100yds with Hornady 110gr HPBT factory ammo

Then the Stag I have #2 sig I added an Aimpoint 9000L Red dot and sighted it in, this gun is always accurate. never having used a Red Dot before I was apprehensive but got it right on target. At 50 I was able to rapid fire as soon as the target was reacquired and put 5 shots in a little over 1 1/2" area.. Sighted in with SSA Barnes 110 TSX, should have tried some Hornady 120SST through it but forgot. I was pleased with that also, this will be my spot and stalk gun in heavy brush areas.(Last Pic)

Finished products:

ARP
    PICT0375.jpg

PICT0373.jpg

STAG

PICT0371.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom