• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The Mosin Nagant was the very first military issue bolt action in 1891 and it's 7.62x54R chambering is the longest continually serving military rifle cartridge in history. Combat tested successfully in every climate from frozen tundra to steamy muddy jungles... it is the AK-47 of bolt actions. It is a diehard design. My very first centerfire bolt action rifle I ever owned was a Polish M44 Mosin Nagant carbine. I have had WW1 and WW2 Russian, a rare M38, Hungarian, Romanian, Chinese, a Vietnam bring back Chinese, Finland, a Russian sniper, you name it... my favorites were the M39's from Finland, with true two stage match triggers, a more conventional grip on the stock and screw adjustable sights, with a knife style bayonet. I should have never sold that bayonet! They are worth more than the rifle. I even had one of the M39's that were brought back from their famous shipwreck dive. The Fins won an Olympics with their Mosins. Big huge fan :)

I was a big huge fan when they were all $90, buy 5 for $60 each. Nowadays I'm not such a big huge fan. I cashed out to the dealers when they doubled and tripled in price and I never thought for a minute they would ever double in price again, but they sure have! That being said I'm sure they'll double in price again, too :)

Screenshot_20230616-031337.png
    Screenshot_20230616-031438.png

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The germans fielded a hunting rifle,the US a target rifle ,the brits a battle rifle......what was the mosin nagant noted for ? aside from a rifle for the common conscript
    A Farmer's Rifle.

Which to see your general wartime common one for over $200 even makes me laugh, I was buying them for $50 and even a year ago got two in trade for an AR upper I had nothing in. I won't pay the exorbitant prices some people have on these unless they come with a good cut off the drugs they are smoking.

Last edited:

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    A Farmer's Rifle.

Which to see your general wartime common one for over $200 even makes me laugh, I was buying them for $50 and even a year ago got two in trade for an AR upper I had nothing in. I won't pay the exorbitant prices some people have on these unless they come with a good cut off the drugs they are smoking.
    Seems history was much more kinder ,complimentary to the others when nick naming them . kinda sad

Top Bottom