• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Soooo, playing games here. But what if and why not?

I have a pistol and a box of ammo I bought for $400 & $10 respectfully. I sell it to a forum member as a package deal for $500. I write the sales receipt up as such. Pistol $400 + Ammo $100. I made $90 on the ammo, broke even on the gun. How does this rule change dictate how I decide to structure my sale?

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a pistol and a box of ammo I bought for $400 & $10 respectfully. I sell it to a forum member as a package deal for $500. I write the sales receipt up as such. Pistol $400 + Ammo $100. I made $90 on the ammo, broke even on the gun. How does this rule change dictate how I decide to structure my sale?
    I believe that's problem solved. Or start including $200 magazines.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download#:~:text=A person who willfully engages,up to $250,000, or both

Updated 8/2023- no opinion expressed on this- posted for informational purposes for our members
    No opinion.... lol You just told the internet you will bend over without telling us you will bend over!
    If you buy a gun from an individual and do not get a receipt, how are they going to prove you are making a profit on it if you sell it?
    Because they can listen to your phone even when the phone is turned off. They see all your messages and emails. Your not as free of a man as you think.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm quite sure BATFE isn't concerned if I flip a gun every once in a while or buy a gun, shoot it, and later decide I don't like it and then sell it. I mean in reality just how often does Joe Q. Pubic REALLY do that?

I think I know the type of folks the law seeks to go after. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there slinging guns with no real concern who the end user is.

I have ONE cell phone, it's issued to me by my agency. All my activities are subject to search and audit... that hasn't altered my behavior one bit... I am who I am and I'm not afraid to be who I am.

I sleep well at night.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It doesn't... unless you're doing this weekly as a matter of routine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey y'all, let me give you a little background.. I just retired from the military, i'm now 50 years old. I've been in several combat zones, and I (probably like many of you) have done the same, and seen the same shit I have. Kind of like what it looks like when you have society break down and everything devolves into warlords and factions and the shooting starts. I know this, some of you know this. The last half of my service, I was stationed primarily in Europe, and didn't live in the US at all. When I came back, I was greeted with video screens on everything, including gas pumps, civilians who don't care about shit, and kids that run around with Glock switches, and a federal government with an increasingly tyrannical bent, Cops who don't know the law and don't care, A gridlocked Congress passing multiple laws violating all of the first four amendments to the constitution, its truly sad compared to the America I left in 2006. I speak with younger adults (30-ish), and they are completely ignorant of our country's history, as well as anything I learned in high school civics class. I fear our country is doomed, unless some very radical events happen to turn it around. I recognize that the vast majority of the people creating these issues are people essentially in a cult, who seem to have no reasoning capability at all and seem intent on trashing our constitution. I won't have it. I intend on living my life as a free American exactly as I was doing 10, 20 , 30+ years ago. I will continue to pursue my hobbies and do what I wish under the law of the land (constitution). I will remain a sane, moral person. I will also not comply with any of these non-laws. If the ATF wants to see me as a threat, fine, stack up on my door and do what you think is your job. I can't stop you. BUT, I guarantee you won't forget the experience, as I will make some noise, and will defend the constitution as I always have. I want to see my kids grow up and get married, but I won't be a powerless slave under the boot of tyrants either. Oh, and to those who are looking to change the way they live their lives or do business to "get around" their rules, or are complying.... YOU are complicit in this for complying. YOU let this happen. I will not.
    This OLD Marine is with you on this. Sworn to protect the Constitution. Better to die in a pile of hot brass than sitting on your ass!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What many here do not understand that making a profit is not needed for conviction. The fact you exchanged it via an unlicensed in exchange for money or other benefit or service is enough.
    There may also be retroactive aspects to this new regulation. This will not take effect until some time in May, but selling a gun prior to deadline still in theory might get one in hot federal water according to some law experts.

Top Bottom