• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was at the range today and the guy next to me was having trouble with some 9mm factory reloads he picked up from Lucky Gunner. The brand was American "Something" I cant remember the second word.

Im not sure if they didnt put enough powder in or what, but there wasnt enough power to shoot and jammed up two of his Glocks and a JR Carbine. The bullet itself got stuck in the barrel of all 3 of his guns!! :frusty: Friggin crazy Ive never seen such a thing.

And thats exactly why I dont buy reloads, even if it was from the factory

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh and he had about 1000 rounds of this stuff bagged up in 100 round bags. He tried one from 3 different bags and all did the same thing..

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Primer only ....No powder?
    Surely it wasnt an out of spec bullet.
    Bummer either way.
    He should be able to shake them and hear the powder shake.
    Should be able to contact the company....He can't be the only one that got a bad batch. Sounds like someone forgot to check the powder bin!!!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a side note the JR Carbine was pretty bad ass! Was built solid and the fit and finish was awesome. When all this crap settles down Im def gonna get one

SteveC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Met up with a guy who does USMC LEO firearms & tactics training on a flight last week & he was telling me they had the same problem with a shipment of ammunition (I think he said it was some they picked up from Freedom Munitions) at a course his company had just finished up in VA. He said none of the bullets stuck in the barrels & they pulled a few apart & there was powder in them, but that they tried a handful out of each of the boxes they had for the week's training & at least one round out of each of the handfuls they tried acted like it was undercharged, so they pulled another pallet of ammo for the course.

Crazy times. Everyone is so snowed under, I guess their quality control has suffered.

As an aside, it really made me envious they way he was talking about getting to shoot pallet loads of ammunition when the rest of us are sacred to go shoot a box of ammo for practice.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was at the range today and the guy next to me was having trouble with some 9mm factory reloads he picked up from Lucky Gunner. The brand was American "Something" I cant remember the second word.

Im not sure if they didnt put enough powder in or what, but there wasnt enough power to shoot and jammed up two of his Glocks and a JR Carbine. The bullet itself got stuck in the barrel of all 3 of his guns!! :frusty: Friggin crazy Ive never seen such a thing.

And thats exactly why I dont buy reloads, even if it was from the factory

I think it was called American Liberal. I've heard they ain't worth shit,

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had .45 squib round lodge in my barrel of my 1911 one time. I was shooting PMC brand new loads. Didn't recognize (sound/recoil) that it wasn't normal. Fired one behind lodged round. Split the barrel and broke the bushing. Thank God the slide contained the disaster. I still have my hand and face intact. I had to send in the weapon to Colt to be repaired. Since then I am a firm believer in Colt.

BTW. I sent a letter to PMC with the end flap from the box (lot nbr) of cartridges and with a letter explaining what happened. They said that they wouldn't do anything. Said that I should have sent the gun to them for analysis. No sorry, no free box of ammo - nothing. Needless to say, The rest of those cartridges from that box went into the faulty cartridge box at the range.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up there Justin on the $hitty ammo...Steve, I'm retired USMC and I shot so much ammo in my career, sometimes I was happy they ran out...cleaned many an Officers's gun as a L/Cpl when they shot and we junior knuckleheads got the 'bonus plan' and stuck at the armory to clean their guns....

Top Bottom