• ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Item": Deserving animals needing rescue from a shelter

http://www.northescambia.com/2014/07/escambia-al-animal-shelter-closing

Price: Cheaper than an irresponsible breeder

We've got overcrowded animal shelters closing because they can't get funding, and yet we've got "private breeders" who are irresponsible enough to not only allow surprise litters, but also plan to not deal with the ensuing necessary veterinary care like shots, etc? And then they have the nerve to ask for compensation?

If folks want a puppy, go rescue one from a shelter and give your money to Them. These surprise litters from breeders will probably end up in a shelter anyway. Why reward the breeder?

I post this because just like other members have the right to post about dogs for sale, I have the right to post an alternative.

There are breed-specific rescues, if a person is set on a particular breed. There are open-to-whatever-needs-help animal shelters for those folks who are open to different options.

Chances are high that both options are full to capacity.

If you're ready for the commitment of an animal in your life: Go help a rescue.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed. Can't stand these POS backyard breeders that "accidentally" have these litters of pups. Here's a good site for breed and area specific. You can set up notifications as well to be notified when a pup comes in that fits your needs. http://www.rescueme.org

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For what its worth:
    Both of ours are rescued. They are not pure bred anything, they were not puppies when we got them, they didn't ask to be abandoned, and they were as sad as dogs could be.
    In turn, I think they have an innate ability to know how lucky they are to have a safe, loving home and they show their happiness and appreciation daily through their devotion and unvavering loyalty.
    Actually, we are blessed to have them. Some day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My old male beagle was a rescue...he was turned in for being "vicious" towards children. I trust him with my grandkids.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    4 Dogs, 3 labs 1 lab mix - 3 are rescues. I would take more if I could ...but my dogs are inside dogs for the most part and 4 trying to sleep at me feet are enough.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dog before last was a "purchased" dog. Our current dog was a 4 year old rescue. First dog was a horrible experience. Current dog is AWESOME. I will never again purchase a puppy!!!! I will gladly go down and rescue an "older" dog. Mostly because everyone wants a puppy because they think that an older dog will not adjust to their family etc... Well my current dong is pure proof that that is not true. She loves our family and we love her.

She stands watch over them at every moment. She will lick you to death if you come across as a good stranger. But watch her demeanor change the minute she thinks something's fishy with you.

267050_836218320122_2133963038_o.jpg

Attachments

• 267050_836218320122_2133963038_o.jpg
      267050_836218320122_2133963038_o.jpg
      251.1 KB · Views: 187

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dog before last was a "purchased" dog. Our current dog was a 4 year old rescue. First dog was a horrible experience. Current dog is AWESOME. I will never again purchase a puppy!!!! I will gladly go down and rescue an "older" dog. Mostly because everyone wants a puppy because they think that an older dog will not adjust to their family etc... Well my current dong is pure proof that that is not true. She loves our family and we love her.

She stands watch over them at every moment. She will lick you to death if you come across as a good stranger. But watch her demeanor change the minute she thinks something's fishy with you.

What a great Pic. Standing guard. Your kids aren't aware of anything, but she sure is. Love it!

iwannagofish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    4 Dogs, 3 labs 1 lab mix - 3 are rescues. I would take more if I could ...but my dogs are inside dogs for the most part and 4 trying to sleep at me feet are enough.

5 dogs at my house - all rescues, all inside. I feel the same as you Famine. My wife and I have actually considered buying property to start up a no kill shelter/rescue.

I've never bought from the puppy mills but can't help to feel sorry for the pups and parents. A good site to visit is ECGRR.com if anybody is looking for a good dog to rescue. I heard that all the dogs the original post is about have been adopted out...Is that true? I hope it is.

Full Couch .jpg

Attachments

• Full Couch .jpg
      Full Couch .jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 60
    Last edited:

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a rescue from ecgrr. Golden/Lab. He is a great dog and I think I love him more just knowing what may have happened to him had he not been rescued

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm about ready to get owned again after losing my best friend last year. Recue is THE only way to go. And it ain't a money thing.

Eventually, after I finish fencing the property I'll probably go with three dogs.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our neighbors dog had puppies and we picked one out and I love her to death but she is a woman and a blond to boot. So she gets her loven,Petted when she wants,not nessarlary when I want to pet her but is a great dog. She loves me when it thunders and then I am her protecter. She is a Black Lab,Chow,and Bull Bog mix. Loves everyone that comes into the house and I don't think she even knows what mean means.

But to the topic of this thread,If I live long enough for another dog it will be a rescue dog for sure. With getting her spayed and her shots it was 300 dollars and change. A rescue dog can be had for 50 dollars and give you all the love you will ever need.

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got my wife a dog recently from the Pensacola Humane Society and she is a GREAT dog, she was potty trained, doesn't chew anything but the toys we give her and is a loved member of our family. From what they told me at the shelter her former owner passed away and the remaining family members didn't want her (their LOSS because she is our BLESSING).

Attachments

• A doogs.JPG
      A doogs.JPG
      47.3 KB · Views: 51
    • a doogs 1.JPG
      a doogs 1.JPG
      51.1 KB · Views: 52
    • a doogs 2.JPG
      a doogs 2.JPG
      50.5 KB · Views: 52

iwannagofish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This poor little guy is needing a home. Not sure what breed he is but he is about 1 year old and is in desperate need of attention. If he isn't taken soon I fear that I may be looking at my 6th dog. My wife is going to take him to the vet on Friday to get him any treatment he may need. I will see if I can get anymore pics but this is all I have for now.

100MEDIA95IMAG02117.jpg

Attachments

• 100MEDIA95IMAG02117.jpg
      100MEDIA95IMAG02117.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom