• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ouija

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was curious if anyone here has the skills to complete this bed rack for a 2nd Gen Tacoma or at least know someone who could do it?

thanks

t4.jpg t5.jpg t6.jpg t7.jpg t8.jpg

Attachments

• t4.jpg
      t4.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 202
    • t5.jpg
      t5.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 201
    • t6.jpg
      t6.jpg
      27.2 KB · Views: 207
    • t7.jpg
      t7.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 203
    • t8.jpg
      t8.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 205

ouija

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yea the post was a little vague being this isnt a tacoma forum i shouldnt expect people to know the difference between a 1st gen and a 2nd gen tacoma.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious ....what are your expectations for cost?
    I count at least 30 precision cuts and fittings,140 welds, and a lot of clean up just to get the bare frame.
    If you had a pattern to work from...and already sourced/purchased the specialty hardware..... it might be possible for a welder to do a good job in an 8 hour day.
    Probably have less than $100 in steel.....or would you want aluminum? - which would make it take longer to prep/weld.
    ....just a few things to think about. Could get expensive in a hurry. I'd say it would end up in the $800 - $1000 range - unpainted.

ouija

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious ....what are your expectations for cost?
    I count at least 30 precision cuts and fittings,140 welds, and a lot of clean up just to get the bare frame.
    If you had a pattern to work from...and already sourced/purchased the specialty hardware..... it might be possible for a welder to do a good job in an 8 hour day.
    Probably have less than $100 in steel.....or would you want aluminum? - which would make it take longer to prep/weld.
    ....just a few things to think about. Could get expensive in a hurry. I'd say it would end up in the $800 - $1000 range - unpainted.

thanks for the reply bud but i think i have found someone to do what i need. not in a hurry and there are a few people out west that make these for a solid 280 bare 320 painted i just wanted someone local if i could find someone. thule makes something that would work but i perfer the lower stance for a roof top tent so that the tent when folded up is below the cab while traveling (less drag) needs to be able to support at least 500 pounds. check the link for more info if any of you guys are interested

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacoma-marketplace/251952-box-rocket-fab-bed-racks.html

_MG_9288.jpg _MG_9584.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_9288.jpg
      _MG_9288.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 158
    • _MG_9584.jpg
      _MG_9584.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 137

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dirty Joe at D&D Welding. One of the best shops in town. Has a CNC machine, everything. Give him a call but he is going to tell you he needs to see the truck so he can take measurement's and pictures of what you are wanting. This is a custom aftermarket part that you cant buy just anywhere. I told him a buddy might be coming by wanting some work done to his truck. Anyone in Pensacola that knows welding shops I am pretty sure they have heard about D&D Welding.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you found help.
    Dont forget to post the results. If there is someone out there that can build this sort of stuff for those prices....I wont even bother welding up my next project myself:)

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was thinking the same thing, it almost looks like the material would be around $150, not to long ago when I got him to weld something up for me and he told me the price I told him damn man I have known you 15 year's, not just someone off the street. He told me the price of metal had gone up a good bit in the last several year's. It might have dropped back down by now.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Metal has gone back down, I talked to my buddy so $300 for something like that sound's about right. WillWorkForGuns found somebody that will do this so you don't have to worry about doing your own stuff anymore. Let me know if you want their name & number and I'll make sure its alright with them to give it out. GoodJob :thumb:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Metal has gone back down, I talked to my buddy so $300 for something like that sound's about right. WillWorkForGuns found somebody that will do this so you don't have to worry about doing your own stuff anymore. Let me know if you want their name & number and I'll make sure its alright with them to give it out. GoodJob :thumb:
    Hope the final product will get posted - with final cost. I'd appreciate the info if it works out.
    I like doing my own work ....but I'm sure I will have some projects that I could pass along.

Top Bottom