• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have, or have used a leuopold zero point magnetic bore sighter?..
    what do you all use to set up your scopes.. if anything..

rich

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Intrested in this too,alot of different ways to go with this one,I always had all of mine sighted in from the gunsmith at buck and bass. ALWAYS THEY HAVE BEEN DEAD ON. Five dollars well spent!

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    matt .. they seem to get good reviews.. and work on high mounted scopes like you tend to find on some ar's .. main question is does the magnet work on stainless barrells .. but for the size and price it seems like it might be pretty handy to have..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a regular boresight set that has adapters for different bores and the inner tip of the adapter expands to lock in the centerline of the bore. I think it is a Tasco that was about $60. I have used on well over a hundred jobs. It is more accurate AND repeatable then the magnetic type. You can just get it centered on the grid and go shoot and you will be on the paper. OR, you can measure center-line bore to center-line of scope, know your bullet B.C and velocity, trajectory and set up for what ever "zero" you want. After you shoot and make final adjustments: bore sight again and graph exactly where the crosshairs are NOW. Keep a copy in your gun data book and the with the boresight. When you fly or ship the gun to a hunt you check all the screws and put the bore sight back on and see if your TRUE Range Zero is still correct. Do you think you can slap that magnet back in the same exact place every time when a hair thickness will make a difference?
    Just remembered I haven't seen my Boresight since the last move, time for a scavenger hunt.
    WR

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    wild
    tks.. i understand what you are saying.. and am not convinced bout the leuopold , hence the question..

rich

Top Bottom