• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've found the caliber specific ones are easier to use and closer to zero... on the other hand the ones that slip into the end of the barrel do work and can be used for several calibers.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What he said. The caliber specific that look like a brass cartridge that go in the chamber get you way closer.

I also have one of these (not laser) with an arbor for damn near every caliber out there. If you are really careful with it you will probably be on paper but that's about it.

opplanet-bushnellboresighterbanner.jpg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use one from walmart with PLASTIC inserts that goes into the end of the barrel, works great.

I emphasize plastic inserts, because I tried the one with the rubber inserts and it did not effectively center the laser in the barrel making it useless.

When you get the bore sight in the barrel and tightened up, turn it on, point it at a wall and rotate it to make sure it's centered, if the laser makes a circle while you're turning it, it's not going to be accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005AXT43Q?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

That's the one I got at walmart, although the one they have now is called a sightmark and worthless.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you get the bore sight in the barrel and tightened up, turn it on, point it at a wall and rotate it to make sure it's centered, if the laser makes a circle while you're turning it, it's not going to be accurate.

That little trick makes all the difference in the world.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. I like the cartridge laser but I only have one for .223. I never drag that Bushnell optical device out and wish I had never bought it. Just take the bolt out and sight through the barrel like a peep sight and align your sights/scope to the same point.

Money Eater

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all of the info. I going to get the cartridge type with diff. adaptors, it would be great for my 700 30-06 and my M1A, but I also have a 336 35 Rem and do not see an adaptor for this round I might just buy both types.

Latest posts

Top Bottom