• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whats the big deal about PMAGs and makes everyone cream in their jeans?? I mean Ive never had a problem with any of mine but Ive also never had a problem with any of my quality GI mags. I just dont get it..

Flame away flamers and fan boys...

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same question I've been wondering for years. There's many people I've run into who think they make USGI mags obsolete. They often cite the durability of the PMAG, but last time I checked I'm not running over any of my mags with an F-150 on a regular basis. Frankly, the only reason I will take a PMAG over a USGI mag is color options and texturing.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got along with the GI mags for allot of years under all conditions. I own two P-Mags...that's it. Why ?? Got a great deal on them and the "just because" factor. I am finding that some of the guns that the GI mags will fit....the P-Mags won't. Watch out !!

I would think that a big part of their marketability is the color selection. --- SAWMAN

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never owned a PMAG but a buddy of mine has some. I don't like the cheap feel that they have and the are too light to drop completely free of my AR when unloaded with out an assist from my other hand. I've only been an AR owner since 2008 so I know I don't have as much experience as most of you but I prefer GI or aftermarket coated aluminum. I've never had a problem but then again I'm not "in the field of battle" ether.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just like the polymer mags better, does not have to be a P-mag. However, you are correct, never had a metal one fail me.

I asked this question before and don't mean to de-rail your thread, but who shoots enough to ware out a mag? I have about 8 and 3 I'm waiting to pick up and I have never worn out one.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The cheap Tapco polymer mags I picked up at the beginning of the "panic" seem to run just as good as the Pmags and metal mags. The only thing I own that is "mag picky" is my 5.45x39 upper -- it likes the HK 416 mags only, but that is due to the cartridge geometery. The only thing I consider "crap" are the Thermolds -- but the Canucks swear by them...

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just like the polymer mags better, does not have to be a P-mag. However, you are correct, never had a metal one fail me.

I asked this question before and don't mean to de-rail your thread, but who shoots enough to ware out a mag? I have about 8 and 3 I'm waiting to pick up and I have never worn out one.

Feed lip creep is usually the killer of AR mags, I have yet to outshoot any of my ~20 mags despite having owned some for 4+ years with thousands of rounds through some. Keep in mind they are meant to be a disposable item and replaced when inoperable.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My carbon 15 does not like PMags.....so all I use is metal uns!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a metal mag guy. That is what I cut my teeth on. 20 Then 30 rounders. I never had "follower" problems either. My Sigs came with poly mags but I have cycled a few rounds from each of my metal mags through each of my Sigs. All work fine. I have heard some say that early Sig 556s did not like them and Lance mags were the way to go.

sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    as a non-AR fan/owner, i just get tired of seeing pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag pmag all over the place:tongue:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Magpul has a ridiculously good marketing department, I think that is a large part of it.

I've drank the magpul kool-aid, but I haven't had problems with metal mags either.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Marine Corp has stopped buying Polymer PMAG'S. They say the are not compatable to all of their Weapon's. They will only buy Metal Mag's in the future.

That was HK's stupid fault for making the M27 IAR have a non-standard magwell. Magpul has fixed it with their 3rd gen PMAG. Sorry for the side note, but I hate HK's elitism at times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom