Patriot Mobile

Is wet; rusty; 8+ yr old gunpowder any good…what say you…???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So this past weekend I went to Jerome’s (Oneshot) place to hang out with my son in law and Jerome and both shoot and catch up on gun talk guy stuff…Jerome brings out an old rusty yellow painted small ammo can and asks us what our opinion was on old, wet gun powder…did we think it would burn if properly dried…So he opens up the can a friend of his gave him that was in a shed that was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan and afterwards has been outside since in the elements…it was like opening up a time capsule. There was a few bags of gunpowder, some RCBS shleel holders and other tools, and some 30 cal bullets….all wet, corroded, nasty. He grabs a small amount of gunpowder and spreads it out on his double axle trailer rear ramp area and we leave it there for around 1-2 hrs….go off and shoot, pick up some brass and just before we were leaving I reminded Jerome for us to try to light off the powder…my son in law takes his cigarette and sure as shit…the powder burns (faster than I could get my camera phone ready, sorry…) Seeing is believing but who would have thought…??? Enjoy the pics…

IMAG0378_zpsc7981617.jpg

IMAG0380_zps1cd67fc2.jpg

IMAG0382_zpsd3f9d8a5.jpg

IMAG0383_zps2f030bdb.jpg

IMAG0375_zps5d2921e5.jpg

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok how long has it been since some one has seen power sold in a paper type of bag, from what I can find out this power is over 25 yrs old, so now for all of you that want to know how long power will last and what kind of conditions you need to keep it in. just my 2 cents jj

Top Bottom