• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it just me , or does anyone else really dislike clicking on a for sale link at the top of listings just to find out seller has posted sold, I think I would rather have it deleted instead of clogging up the list. I know some folks like to know what a certain gun sold for, but there are other ways to determine a guns value. Maybe even moving sold listings to a SOLD section if that was possible , so one could do research if needed. However just because joe A sells a rem 1100 for 250.00 does not mean that is what they are worth.
    Just a thought in a troubled mind???? What are your views on this matter???

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I check the forum often enough that I remember what has already been posted, but I understand your point. We could lock the threads once the item has been sold, or change the title to add sold to it. I like the idea of a sold section too, just further complicates things if a buyer drops out or something.

Thanks for the suggestion / thoughts I will work on it for ya.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    perhaps there is a way to enable people to lock their own threads? Dont know if thats an option..

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian, can you color code it 'red' for example to indicate sold?

Clay, I think so, but looking through the forum it would be a bit of a PITA to read through each thread to keep up with the dealings.

It would be really nice if we could get sellers to mark the item as sold in the title so that I don't have to go through each thread to see if the item did indeed sell. I can add that as a rule, but I am still working on getting people to identify where they are posting from, so it might take some time to catch on :D.

perhaps there is a way to enable people to lock their own threads? Dont know if thats an option..

Locked threads are still viewable, but just wouldn't be bumped. This could help too.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clay, I think so, but looking through the forum it would be a bit of a PITA to read through each thread to keep up with the dealings.

It would be really nice if we could get sellers to mark the item as sold in the title so that I don't have to go through each thread to see if the item did indeed sell. I can add that as a rule, but I am still working on getting people to identify where they are posting from, so it might take some time to catch on :D.

Locked threads are still viewable, but just wouldn't be bumped. This could help too.

I try to monitor the threads, and make sure I lock the ones that I know have sold. So to the sellers out there, please make sure you marking your item sold, so we can lock them up

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the feedback, at last I am a contributing member! I could never achieve that status at PFF!!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not figuring how to change the title when editing to add sold if that is what you are wanting, I have been editing disc to SOLD and letting it flow out of existance?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We need to figure out how to allow users to change the thread title, would keep it from having to be bumped when sold.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keeping for sale threads with "Cash Asking Price, or trade value price" is really no benefit. Price, like beauty is in the eye of the potential buyer. If its hard to get sellers to mark things as sold, I don't think they will list their actual selling price either. How about a thread "shelf life" for all sale items. 30-45 days then auto delete or move to dead sale threads.

WR.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keeping for sale threads with "Cash Asking Price, or trade value price" is really no benefit. Price, like beauty is in the eye of the potential buyer. If its hard to get sellers to mark things as sold, I don't think they will list their actual selling price either. How about a thread "shelf life" for all sale items. 30-45 days then auto delete or move to dead sale threads.

WR.

I like to see what people were asking of the items even if I missed the deal, so to me there is benefit. I think we just need to implement a simple way of marking threads as sold.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You can mark them as sold by editing your initial post. You have to click "Go Advanced" when you edit it and then update the title to say "Sold", "Sold Pending Funds", "No Longer For Sale", etc. It will not show on the forum main page but as soon as someone clicks the thread to read it you will see the updated title.

Also, once sold, PM a moderator or Admin to lock the thread.

Check mine here: http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?1484-S-amp-W-M-amp-P-9-compact

Top Bottom