• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Back around '09 I lost an
    H&K imported Montefeltro Super 90 slug gun to a very unfortunate pawnshop incident. As self punishment I've never allowed myself to buy another expensive shotgun. In hindsight I wish I'd kept all the Saiga's. I'm currently relegated to 2 NEFs & a Mossberg shockwave.
    I'm not very impressed with the mixed reviews on the Turkenellis being imported now, IDK maybe the MAC1014? But I haven't seen any with rifled slug barrels. (a must for my massive stash of sabot slugs) By the time I buy Benelli parts to upgrade them, I can just buy a better, proven platform. I've been looking at used 930s & 11-87s. I was even looking at an older, cheaper Mossberg 5500 MK2 but really don't know a lot about those. I haven't completely ruled out another pump action. What ever I decide on, I want the ability to change barrels, or even better, it comes with 2 or 3.
    Just curious what y'all recommend, models you've had positive experiences with, things to avoid?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Slugs and higher recoiling ammo is where the "Turkenellis" seem to excel. I don't know if they offer refiled barrels though.
    Yeah that seems to be the consensus, Benelli doesn't make a rifled M4 barrel, IDK if an M2 would fit, I know it won't come cheap. Here's one for $640; https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/81261
    The rifled bore is a must for sabots, one of my NEFs is rifled. Some slugs are themselves rifled, so they work in smooth bores.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Yeah that seems to be the consensus, Benelli doesn't make a rifled M4 barrel, IDK if an M2 would fit, I know it won't come cheap. Here's one for $640; https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/81261
    The rifled bore is a must for sabots, one of my NEFs is rifled. Some slugs are themselves rifled, so they work in smooth bores.
    The MAC 1014 (M 4 clone) comes with a threaded barrel for Benelli pattern chokes. I wonder if a Carlson or True Choke or other offer a rifled choke for it?

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    You won't be disappointed in the MAC 1014.
    It's in contention! I've bid, but not won, on a couple on GB, an 11-87 & 930. Expecting my tax refund tomorrow! I'll get a little more serious then. ;))
    The best deal on GB for the 1014 is gonna be around $400 with tax & shipping. Anybody know where any better deals are?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's in contention! I've bid, but not won, on a couple on GB, an 11-87 & 930. Expecting my tax refund tomorrow! I'll get a little more serious then. ;))
    The best deal on GB for the 1014 is gonna be around $400 with tax & shipping. Anybody know where any better deals are?

Battlehawk Armory out of Iowa.

I think mine was $371 shipped. No tax, no CC fee.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of accuracy are you looking for? What kind of auto shotgun do you presently own? I have a Browning A5 and a Beretta AL2, Picked up Slug barrels with Rifle sites off ebay and have been well pleased with them.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’d look at a 930 tbh. Slug barrels look like around 200 on eBay. Way less than a Benelli barrel lol

If I was closer I’d have already bought that one that’s listed here for $400. That and a slug barrel might be a good way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    So I did purchase the suggested 930 here. I've already picked up a Black Aces quad rail, a parts lot of GB that included a complete gas system, recoil parts & an extended mag tube for $50. And I guess the OR3gun upgraded combo, I loaded that in my shopping cart but wasn't going to check out until payday, woke up to a shipping confirmation email, so those will be here Sat. I still need to order a rifled slug barrel & an over size safety and then the fun of putting it all together!

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    So I did find a ported 24" rifled slug barrel, it's on the way! Bought another magazine extension tube that will reach the end of said barrel, ordered a Monstrum side saddle, oversized safety & flashight. And I hadn't seen one in all my searching, but ran across a ported 24" accu-choke vent rib barrel so I just bought it. I'll probably let the 18" & 28" tubes go, when I'm finish, and start getting rid of all the extra leftovers. I know for sure I'll be reshaping the back of the forearm, not sure if I'll open up the loading port, but most likely I will, I was even checking my bastard file today. The gun is patiently waiting in the corner while I stack parts around it as they come in!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom