Patriot Mobile

I have this old Lawn edger...........Gulf Breeze, Fl.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have this old lawn edger with a B&S 3 1/2 HP, horizontal shaft motor. Had the old carb rebuilt but doesn't want to run. Anyone out there that works on go karts? Know anyone? I'd like to update to a newer type carb and gas tank. Any ideas?!

Over-N-out!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you have spark at the plug??? Does the engine seem to have good compression??? How old is gas?? Worked on a rider the other day an gas line was collapsed from the inside , so no gas flow. Is you carb separate from gas tank? How long has it sat with gas in carb? Do you use ethonal gas, is gas treated with some sort of treatment stuff for ethonal gas, if you have spark an good compression then probably gas-carb problem. New spark plug??? Do you know anything about carb, lots of different carbs out there, could you send me a pic of carb? Check fire at plug an put finger in spark plug hole an pull crank cord to see if you have some compression. Buying another intake an carb may be more expensive than you could just buy a running edger for. If I can help let me know, Denny in pace!!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just saw running john deere running edger on cragslist for $60.00, looks good just saying!!!! Take a look, its in gulf breeze, Denny

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just tuned everything: new gas, new plug, cleaned flywheel, reset gap, paid a guy to clean up and tune carb. Still runs terrible. I would like to upgrade the carb to a newer with a primer bulb. That a "go karter" would know. Looking fo a "Go kart" shop. P.S. Where did you see the John Deere ad?

Thanks for responding...Have a nice day! Joe K

Top Bottom