• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys I used to shoot federal ballistic Tips but seem to have a hard time finding locally so I thought try the Hornady Superformance SST.

When loading them into the chamber of my 7mm Rem Mag Browning A bolt I noticed that it is harder to close the bolt. I went ahead and fired a few and they all shot fine & ejected fine. I got concerned & thought maybe I had a bad batch so I bought another box & it is the same.

I still have 6 bullets of federal ballistic tips and they load and chamber easy as silk , So WTF.

Is this normal for the superformance stuff? Is their brass made this way on purpose? Is it because of the different powder being stronger or whatever.

It makes me nervous, & worry that I might screw up my gun. I guess I will call hornady tomorrow but wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I contacted hornady about my issue & supposedly they had two lotts that the overall case length was too long for the chamber and I quote "in brownings new rilfes." The problem is I have an 1996 model Browning A bolt & I am have the same issue. Also my amuntion lot numbe is not the one mentioned.

The lotts that Hornday gave 3110914, 3110983, my lott number are 3121382.

They are sending me a shipping label for the ammunition & will replace.

My concern is it could have damaged my chamber in my bolt. Could this be true? Maybe I am being paranoid.

Thanks Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom