• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    might be interesting, but far from reality? Those are just mostly standard issue weapons at best. The pic is not realistic either, are those berettas in the holsters of the miss matched group of soldiers? NO.Are those special forces soldiers ? I highly doubt it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dan, I think the guy was trying to write a generic article...I wondered the same things as you did. I know for a fact there are other weapons being used, tried, chosen, some of which they are not going to put is a public article. He covered the basics and no more.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah ....?.... I basically lost interest when I saw the Beretta 92. They call it a M9 or some such shit as that. This weapon is a spray a pray weapon at best. And that "tactical" Moss500 ..... DAMN !!!

Them ARMY guys are soooooo silly. I remember back in the day,all branches of the mil was invited to a unsanctioned sniper contest. Until this particular year,the Army guys used to show up with a 7.62X51 bolt gun. The USN showed up with a Barrett 50BMG,which was kinda a prototype back then. The USN kicked everybody's ass. The ARMY marksmanship unit tried to get the USN's 50BMG disqualified. Nowhere in the rules or regs did it state which weapon the services could use in the contest so the winner stood.

It took the Army snipers types three years to finally start shooting the Barrett 50's. As stated somewhere else here,if the sniper weapon does not need to be super portable,if the sniper team does not especially need to move miles and miles,they pick a 50BMG every time. AND ..... the use of unconventional ammo ..... IS AUTHORIZED !! --- SAWMAN

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reading the article, I think it was written more as what Rangers are equipped with. Although regular units are also equipped with most of the same weapons.

Top Bottom