• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I read the thread "Free Firearms" and read the part about PayPal not accepting gun transactions in their policy the first thing I thought is there is more progress for the wrong team.

A lot of people think that one day they will have to make a decision to hand over their firearms or fight to keep them. They think that on a day their will be a law passed and that the government will begin collecting firearms from the American citizens that own them. It is possible that a senerio of that sort could happen but that is not the vision of the people that would like to see firearms no longer legal to own by free American citizens.

Realizing that the number of Americans that support the 2nd Amendment is too large of a percentage of the American population to defeat on the issue all at one time, the Anti Gun agenda is to take tiny steps of progress all the while making each step a step closer to eliminating firearms and the freedom to own them from the American citizen. If the steps are tiny enough they are much more likely to go un-noticed by You and I. The progress already made is easy to see if you look backwards in history.

When I was in High School in the 80s in Dothan Al., I would take a shotgun to school with me very often during Dove season and after school several friends and I would spread out over the corner of a local Peanut field and shoot dove after school.

In the 70s, One could go into a Sears and Roebuck store and pick up shotguns and rifles unsupervised from a display. Oddly enough the display was most often right above or beside the ammo display which was also unlocked and unsupervised. Many Ace Hardware stores were much the same. Actually not too long before my time One could order a Pistol from Sears and Roebuck and have it delivered to their home.

Almost every department store at one time had a Gun display and sold firearms.

These are just a few of the tiny steps that have been made toward removing the freedom to own and bear firearms in the United States. There are many more and many more that will be attempted to be made in the future. The culture of our country is much softer than it once was and in many cases the general public just takes what the changes that we have been dealt and go on. The completely coward act to Discontinue and not allow Firearms for Sale on another forum is compliance to these type of tiny progresses that move us closer and closer to losing the 2nd Amendment. Fear of the opposition or compliance is so much easier than standing strong for what would be a form of defending our 2nd Amendment Right so more progress is made right in front of you and a Tiny Step was made toward dis-arming Americans.

The Tiny Steps are all the Anti-Gun groups want and if they get enough of them we will all wake up one day and look backwards in disbelief and wonder how did this happen?

If you are a responsible Gun owner and an American citizen please support and join the NRA.

Last edited:

fla_scout

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I agree with you Garbo I stopped my membership with the NRA after they would send me multiple postal mail requests every month for money because they were going broke fighting for our gun rights. My way of reasoning was if they would quit sending all this "junk mail" they would have more money. Quit sending me more requests for money and pour that money into new membership drives. Heck I was already supporting through my membership.

If they have since stopped this practice then I would consider joining again.

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kept a shotgun in my high school locker for two weeks while I was making a replacement stock in wood shop. Why? Because that is where my wood shop teacher told me to keep it so no one would steal it. That's the way it was in 1969 in small town USA! WTF happened to this country?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't agree with everything the NRA does, including the junk mail. However, the NRA is the ONLY organization with any significant influence that is working to keep our Second Amendment rights. If you own a gun you should belong to the NRA.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kept a shotgun in my high school locker for two weeks while I was making a replacement stock in wood shop. Why? Because that is where my wood shop teacher told me to keep it so no one would steal it. That's the way it was in 1969 in small town USA! WTF happened to this country?

Yeah, I carried a pocket knife from 1st grade through my senior year.
    WTF happened? Bleeding heart, politically correct, liberal butt kissers have ruined this country. They coddle the bad guys cause momma says "He was such a good boy".

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great info. Here is some more. Check the restrictions where you gun is made!

First off: District of Columbia v Heller. On June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court held that American citizens have an individual right to own guns, as defined by the Second Amendment of the Constitution. In District of Columbia v. Heller,[112] the Court stated that an absolute firearm ban was unconstitutional.[113] The Court further determined that its decision in Heller does not impinge upon all existing statutes and regulations, such as those that prohibit felons and the mentally ill from owning or possessing firearms.

Good places:
    Switzerland practices universal conscription, which requires that all able-bodied male citizens keep fully automatic firearms at home in case of a call-up. Every male between the ages of 20 and 34 is considered a candidate for conscription into the military, and following a brief period of active duty will commonly be enrolled in the militia until age or an inability to serve ends his service obligation.[80] During their enrollment in the armed forces, these men are required to keep their government-issued selective fire combat rifles and semi-automatic handguns in their homes.[81] Up until September 2007, soldiers also received 50 rounds of government-issued ammunition in a sealed box for storage at home.[82] In addition to these official weapons, Swiss citizens are allowed to purchase surplus-to-inventory combat rifles, and shooting is a popular sport in all the Swiss cantons.

Mass confiscations and restrictions:

There have been several mass firearm registrations followed by confiscation. Hitler did it right after he was made Chancellor (note I didn't say elected, he lost the election). Look at Australia! how about the Countries the must approve each purchase and you must store the firearm a the police station and then have good reason to check out your own gun!

Firearm laws in Australia are enforced at a Federal and State level. Gun ownership is accessible only for those persons with 'genuine reasons' who can obtain a Permit to Acquire from local Police stations. 'Genuine Reasons' focus on primary production, licenced sport, animal control or employment requirements, and do not include 'personal protection.'

Canada: 2. Restricted: This includes handguns with barrel lengths greater than 4 inches, and long guns which do not meet the length requirements for non-restricted, and are not prohibited. These guns require ATTs, and as such can only be shot at ranges. These arms can be possessed with an RPAL, which is similar to the PAL course, but covers restricted weapons and the increased storage requirements. One must pass the CFSC as well as the RCFSC in order to obtain their RPAL. Examples in this class include all AR-15 variants.
    3. Prohibited: These weapons generally cannot be possessed by civilians. Normally, the only way to possess these is by being grandfathered in or inheriting a pistol with a barrel length under 4 inches, in which case the individual may receive the Class 7 endorsement. This class also includes prohibited devices. Many military arms fall under this classification, including all AK variants, and the FN-FAL. All handguns with a barrel length under 4 inches are prohibited, as well as those chambered in .25 or .32 caliber cartridges, presumably to prevent the manufacture of "Saturday Night Specials". Also prohibited are fully automatic weapons and supressors. Magazines for automatic long guns capable of holding more than 5 centerfire cartridges or 10 rounds for handguns, are prohibited, with the exception of the M1 Garand, as well as carbines which use pistol magazines, such as the Beretta CX4 Storm.

Gun ownership in the People's Republic of China is heavily regulated by law. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess guns.

Austria
    Guns are divided into four categories:
    Category A - Forbidden weapons: Pump action shotguns, fully automatic weapons, semi automatic and other rifles when considered military weapons as well as disguised weapons.

Temp my A**
    1972 Temporary Custody Order and Pistols in Irish firearms law
    One of the most controversial events in the history of the Firearms Acts occurred in 1972. The "Troubles" in Northern Ireland (1970–1998) were becoming a security concern for the Irish Government at the time, and in 1972 a Temporary Custody Order (S.I. No. 187/1972 – Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order, 1972)[31] was issued for all privately-held pistols and all rifles over .22 calibre to be surrendered to local Garda (police) stations by 5 August 1972, for a period of one month. This order was complied with, but when firearms owners returned to reclaim their firearms, they were informed that their licences had expired while their firearms were in custody (Irish firearms licences until 2008 were issued for a period of one year, and all licences were usually dealt with at the same time, usually at the start of August, though the date has changed over the years). Since the firearms were no longer licensed, they could not be returned until a new licence was issued; upon seeking a renewal of their licences, applicants were informed that a new Garda policy was in place that would refuse licence applications for all pistols and all firearms over .22 in calibre. As such, the firearms in Garda custody remained in Garda custody.

The Italian Constitution does not recognize the right to keep and bear arms, however different types of gun licenses can be obtained from the national police authorities.

Gun ownership in Poland is regulated by the Weapons and Munitions Act. A licence is required to keep and purchase firearms. As a result of very stringent controls, gun ownership in Poland is the lowest in the European Union, at one firearm per 100 citizens.

Gun ownership in Romania is regulated by Law 39/2004. Romania has one of the toughest gun ownership in the world.[44] In order for citizens to obtain a non-lethal weapon, they must obtain a permit from the police, and must register their weapon once they purchased it. Civilians cannot purchase a lethal firearm.

Sweden Gun ownership requires license and is regulated by the weapon law (Vapenlagen 1996:67) further regulations are found in in weapon decree (Vapenförordningen 1996:70). The law doesn't ban any specific firearms or weapons, it merely states the requirements to own one. Everything from pepperspray to full-automatic machine guns are technically legal, and license to civilians can be given in 'special' cases.

Gun ownership rates vary throughout the United Kingdom. Over the course of the 20th century, the UK gradually implemented tighter regulation of the civilian ownership of firearms through the enactment of the 1968, 1988, 1994 and 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Acts[52] leading to the current outright ban on the ownership of all automatic, and most self-loading, firearms in the UK. The ownership of breech-loading handguns is, in particular, also very tightly controlled and effectively limited (other than in Northern Ireland)[53] to those persons who may require such a handgun for the non routine humane killing of injured or dangerous animals. The criteria required for the grant of a Firearms certificate is far more stringent. Alongside safe storage requirements and checks on previous convictions, the applicant must also demonstrated a Good reason for each firearm they wish to hold (Good reason may include hunting, pest control, collecting or target shooting). Police may restrict the type and amount of ammunition held, and where and how the firearms are used.[54] Historically, most certificates approved for handguns listed "self-defense" as a reason. Since 1968 in mainland Britain, self-defense is not considered an acceptable "good reason" for firearm ownership.

It is forbidden in Israel to own any kind of firearm, including air pistols and rifles, without a firearms license. Residents of Israeli settlements in the West Bank are issued assault rifles and ammunition by the army, and are given civil defense training. However, the rifles and munitions are property of the army, and may be confiscated at any time.

Japan The weapons law begins by stating "No-one shall possess a fire-arm or fire-arms or a sword or swords", and very few exceptions are allowed.[65] The only types of firearms which a Japanese citizen may acquire are rifles or shotguns. Sportsmen are permitted to possess rifles or shotguns for hunting and for skeet and trap shooting, but only after submitting to a lengthy licensing procedure.[66] Without a license, a Japanese citizen may not even hold a gun in his or her hands.

Mexico has strict gun laws. Mexican citizens and legal residents may purchase new non-military firearms for self-protection or hunting only after receiving approval of a petition to the Defense Ministry, which performs extensive background checks. The allowed weapons are restricted to relatively low-caliber and can be purchased from the Defense Ministry only. "Military" firearms, including pistols with bores exceeding .38 caliber, and bb guns (but not pellet guns) require federal licenses and are regulated in a manner similar to that dictated by the U.S. National Firearms Act (NFA).

New Zealand is fairly liberal but has some quirks. Read last line for this catagory.
    Military-Style Semi-Automatics (MSSAs) include semi-automatic rifles and shotguns that have one or more of the following components:
    A folding or telescopic butt
    A bayonet lug
    A free-standing "military-style" pistol grip
    A flash suppressor
    A magazine that holds (or looks like it could hold) more than 15 rounds of .22 rimfire ammunition or 7 rounds of any other calibre.

According to Russia's gun laws, Russian citizens can buy smoothbore shotguns, such as, for example Saiga 12, gas pistols, or revolvers shooting rubber bullets. Safe use of one of the above weapons for five years allows purchase of a rifle or carbine.

WR

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    am I the asshole who's gonna say that paypal is a private enterprise and has a choice to condone or support gun trade? As much as I'm for gun rights, I'm also for freedom of choice. If you dont like what paypal is doing, either start your own secure money trading site, or dont use it at all. Dunno what else to say.

But for those of you who say its "gun control", thats ridiculous. Its private enterprise

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    am I the asshole who's gonna say that paypal is a private enterprise and has a choice to condone or support gun trade? As much as I'm for gun rights, I'm also for freedom of choice. If you dont like what paypal is doing, either start your own secure money trading site, or dont use it at all. Dunno what else to say.

But for those of you who say its "gun control", thats ridiculous. Its private enterprise

I agree with you as well as the point I am trying to expose is still there, even in your post.

The point is: Years ago Guns sellers were much more common, available and in many locations. Due to the unseen or realized Progress of Gun Control many sellers choose to no longer sell or trade firearms due to the considered liability or intemidation that comes with abiding by the tighter more contolled restrictions. The fact that PayPal doesn't support the trade of Firearms I am fine with, but the reason PayPal chooses not to support the trade of Firearms I am not fine with. In a nutshell if everyone and every business was as intemidated by the government's increased control and progress of gun control as PayPal or a local forum that used to allow Firearms Trade....We would already be a Firearms forbidden Country.

I don't think that any business should be forced to trade Firearms, but I also don't think that Gun Control should be so strong that it forces businesses to get out of the Firearms trade for reasons of fear of liability, Unrightful Responsibility or intemidation. But with that said the fact that many businesses have already made the decision to no longer trade Firearms and many American Citizens do not realize the reason these businesses discontinued the trade of Firearms is Proof Positive that Gun Control has made the Tiny Steps of Progress with out many that support the Second Amendment realizing the Anti Gun Agenda has made that much progress.

Wake Up.......

Top Bottom