• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Would stretching it back to stock lenght and baking in the oven in 425 or so restore it?
    It's on a bersa mag I can't seem to locate an after market one. 8rd. Bersa CC flush mag. Tks.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Would stretching it back to stock lenght and baking in the oven in 425 or so restore it?
    It's on a bersa mag I can't seem to locate an after market one. 8rd. Bersa CC flush mag. Tks.
    I believe tempering takes place way above 425 degrees. My be in the yellow or orange color metal temper. What is that 1200-1400 degrees? I like fla kids idea. It's worth a try.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    So apparently spring compression over time is a real thing. I'm guessing it was left loaded for a few years.
    Everything I've read and believe about springs is they only wear when worked. Magazine empty or loaded, the spring is not being stressed.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Different springs are made to different specs. I've had springs stay good loaded and I've had springs go bad loaded. Just gotta know your weapon system, inside and out. And range trip all your mags

Of course something else to look out for is your mag feed lips. I've had really thick metal magazine feed lips on an unissued AK mag that was brand new when I bought it (and proven to be good with a range trip before by me) warp from being fully loaded only a couple of weeks. And I mean warped to the point that it changed the feed angle and caused jams like every time. This was one of the primary reasons I went back to stripper clips and SKS's, because stripper clips don't warp with long-term loading. And then I bought a stripper clip guide for AK's.

Top Bottom