• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont know if anyone picked up on this but the wording in the proposed Assult Weapons ban would make Glocks or certain glocks illegal to purchase.

 All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

here is a link from Rguns I know it says illinois but this wording was in the Proposed ban someone else linked in the gun news threads.

http://www.rguns.net/IL-Politics/HB1263pp1.pdf

say it aint so..

Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may be wrong, but isn't the Glock 18 the only automatic glock marketed? (If you can get it). And I don't know of a semi auto 18.. or are they trying to say that since there is one automatic glock pistol, then the whole rest of them should be banned? We really won't know whats going to happen until its all said and done..

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing is certain, they will do exactly what we allow them to. This is our government, not theirs. Their power comes from the conscent of the Governed.. that's us. If we give a damn about our rights, now is the time to stand up for them. Call, write, and fax your congressmen, senators, state and fed.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    nothing will pass to ban anything , beside the 18 is only allowed to be sold to LEO and Mil. as I understand it.

From what I've read, the G18 was never imported into this country. I read a thread on another forum several months ago and they were saying that there are virtually no G18s for sale in this country so nobody knows what one would bring.
    Estimates are around $30,000.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm I dont know the way I read it was a semi auto version of a full automatic gun like an AR-15 is the semi auto verison of an M4 or the AK and the Glock 17 is the same as the G18 just a semi auto version

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nothing will pass to ban anything , beside the 18 is only allowed to be sold to LEO and Mil. as I understand it.
    Thet are only availible to dealers and Leo as Post dealer samples since they came out post 1986.You are correct sir.And I also think no ban will pass,if anything Hi cap mags.
    From what I've read, the G18 was never imported into this country. I read a thread on another forum several months ago and they were saying that there are virtually no G18s for sale in this country so nobody knows what one would bring.
    Estimates are around $30,000.
    They are in the country for sure.No one will ever know what they fetch,that being posted would be an admission of a felony,as they can only be aquired for Mil/Leo. They get them for 470.00 by the way..AND there are civillians with them ...
    I dont know if anyone picked up on this but the wording in the proposed Assult Weapons ban would make Glocks or certain glocks illegal to purchase.

 All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

here is a link from Rguns I know it says illinois but this wording was in the Proposed ban someone else linked in the gun news threads.

http://www.rguns.net/IL-Politics/HB1263pp1.pdf

say it aint so..

Thats how I read it

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Technically, the selective fire G-18 is a copy of other semi-automatic Glocks, especially the G17. Gaston Glock designed the handguns between 1979 and 1982, and since the model number represents the patient number, there were quite a few before the G18.

In 1980, the Austrian military announced that it would seek tenders for a new, modern duty pistol to replace their World War II-era Walther P38 handguns.

Glock became aware of the Austrian Army's planned procurement and in 1982 assembled a team of Europe's leading handgun experts from military, police and civilian sport shooting circles to define the most desirable characteristics in a combat pistol. Within three months, Glock developed a working prototype. The new weapon made extensive use of synthetic materials and modern manufacturing technologies in its design, making it a very cost-effective candidate. Several samples of the 9×19mm Glock 17 (so named because it was the 17th patent of the company) were submitted for assessment trials in early 1982, and after passing all of the exhaustive endurance and abuse tests, Glock emerged as the winner with the Model 17.

The Glock 18 is a selective fire variant of the Glock 17, developed at the request of the Austrian counter-terrorist unit EKO Cobra. This machine pistol-class firearm has a lever-type fire-control selector switch, installed on the serrated portion of the rear left side of the slide. With the selector lever in the bottom position, the pistol will shoot fully automatic, and with the selector lever in the top position, the pistol will fire semi-automatically. The firearm is typically used with an extended 33-round capacity magazine, although other magazines from the Glock 17 will function, with available capacities of 10, 17, or 19 rounds. Early Glock 18 models were ported to reduce muzzle rise during automatic fire. Another compensated variant was produced, known as the Glock 18C.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope they don't mess with Glocks. The evil gun list has dozens of firearms that have never had a factory full auto version. Gun grabbers added that to tie in the text with machineguns. Does not matter which came first.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Version: a form or variant of a type or original <an experimental version of the airplane>

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One thing is certain, they will do exactly what we allow them to. This is our government, not theirs. Their power comes from the conscent of the Governed.. that's us. If we give a damn about our rights, now is the time to stand up for them. Call, write, and fax your congressmen, senators, state and fed.

+1 on this. For the first time in my life (I am 57) I have written to my representatives.

Idoono

Top Bottom