• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a review of my fairly new Fusion Firearms 1911 70 Series CCO in 9mm. I say fairly new because a friend of mine has been fitting an adjustable sight set for me and he has had it for about the last three months. I took it to the range shortly after I bought it last May and it shot horribly. Aiming center of the target, the rounds were going off-target, about 5-6” high-right. Some rounds were not even on paper. I called Fusion and got such a run around that I ended up accepting their offer of a free adjustable sight set. I finally received the sight set last August, and they were finally installed by my friend last week. He said that the rear sight dovetail was not cut strait and that is probably why it shot so bad. He asked for and got my permission to correct the dovetail as best he could as he was fitting the rear sight.

I was not expecting much when I took it back to the range, but was pleasantly surprised when it shot pretty good with 2A Warehouse 115gr ball ammo. Pretty good meaning all rounds were on an 8” target at 10 yards and there were no FTF or FTE. I adjusted the sights the best I could with such inconsistency in the POI. After shooting about 100 rounds of the 2A ammo, it did settle down somewhat, but still not great. After that, I decided to try some of my defense ammo (124gr Federal HST). That is where this gun shines. All rounds were inside the 10 ring and a couple were in the red. I only shot 24 rounds of my HSTs because they are expensive and hard to get. Still no FTF or FTE which is pretty good for hollow point ammo in a 9mm 1911 with a non-ramped barrel. The target pictured is the last eight rounds of the HSTs.

I bought this gun even though I’ve read a lot of bad stories about Fusion’s lack of QA and their questionable customer service. Both of these issues were verified with this gun. However, with a little patience and willingness to void the warranty (even though it is pretty much non-existent anyway) this turned out to possibly be an adequate carry pistol. I will need to put a few hundred more rounds through it before I truly trust it, but I believe it will prove itself to be trustworthy. However, with their lack of proper QA and non-existent warranty, I will not be purchasing any Fusion Firearms guns in the future.
    Fusion.JPG
    Fusion CCO.JPG

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good looking pistol. How much did this mr fix it learning experience cost??

Not a dime, even though I offered several times. We always trade favors. He does the gunsmithing I can't (or don't want to) and I work on his computer when it has problems.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Good looking pistol. How much did this mr fix it learning experience cost??

Not a dime, even though I offered several times. We always trade favors. He does the gunsmithing I can't (or don't want to) and I work on his computer when it has problems.
    Ah that's good. No I was wondering what the pistol with the non existing warranty cost. After reading this I would never buy one from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom