• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A buddy and I went to Blackwater Friday afternoon. It was my first venture to the woods this year. Got set up 25' up a Pine on the edge of a Live Oak flat with the wind as good as it could be from the NorthEast. I didn't see a thing for the first hour.....but that changed as the afternoon progressed. The first thing to come by was a Nanny and fawn that browsed within 20yards of me. The next was a huge gaggle of turkeys I couldn't count them all but guessed them to be 30-40 strolling together. Then a lone spotted fawn came almost to the base of the Pine I was perched in and stayed with me the rest of the afternoon. I seen one more very large Doe and a few smaller as well. Ended the day without drawing my bow but what a Great Day in the Woods.

My buddy, the spotted Fawn that hungout with me all afternoon was very photogenic and allowed me to take some really cool pictures with my phone. Here one of them.

Attachments

• Spotted Fawn in Sight.jpg
      Spotted Fawn in Sight.jpg
      153.2 KB · Views: 244

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neat pic Curtis. Glad you had such an awesome afternoon.

Hope that you have been doing well.

Hey Joe,

We are fine and better than we deserve to be. How you and your family been?

I was hunting with James Fink and on the way to Blackwater...James and I talked about you....all good of course. Let's put together an all day hunt in Blackwater soon. I will sponser the food and we can get a crowd...the larger the better together and meet at the store in Munson early and hunt the morning then meet up somewhere in Blackwater and we can grill burgers or something for lunch before hunting the afternoon.

Good to hear from You Joe....and by the way would you be interested in a Ruger #1 in 7mm STW....? It's holding a Zeiss that Matches Stainless.

Hey Floorguy. They were all Hens and Jakes. They got within Bow range but I don't have a Turkey Tag.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was hunting with James Fink and on the way to Blackwater...James and I talked about you....all good of course. Let's put together an all day hunt in Blackwater soon. I will sponser the food and we can get a crowd...the larger the better together and meet at the store in Munson early and hunt the morning then meet up somewhere in Blackwater and we can grill burgers or something for lunch before hunting the afternoon.

What would be even more cool is to have a meet up at Blackwater then another one during Gun Season over at Pine Log on the River..........

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Still nice to see turkeys and deer i hunt up the road in springhill we have a claypit down springhill road we could use for the cookout if no place at blackwater. I think there are grills across from the store at munson.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still nice to see turkeys and deer i hunt up the road in springhill we have a claypit down springhill road we could use for the cookout if no place at blackwater. I think there are grills across from the store at munson.

Good Idea.

I was thinking more along the lines of a clearing in the woods with 15-20 Trucks backed up tailgates down and a skinning rack......

Top Bottom