Target Sports

Ebola at local hospital, would you stop going to that facility?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What if an Ebola patient is at your local favorite hospital. Would you continue with your normal doctor, ER visits, blood work etc or would you terminate your relationship with the facility and seek care elsewhere?

In Dallas only a nurse providing direct patient care has contacted Ebola and no reports of other inpatients or outpatients as of yet. What would you do to insure the safety of yourself and family?

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thatys a good question that I just don't know yet. I go to the VA and don't haave any other insurance so I usually just go to Pacola and there wouldn't be any one there I would hope. Now if I were to have to go to the Hospital I would probably cancle my appointment untill a later time.

They keep saying that you have to have direct contact but there was a short report about what the CDC was telling health care workers on there phone line and they told one that mosquitoes could transmit it. And no I don't have a link to it because it was on TV. Not trying to start some $hit but it makes sense to me and I haven't tried to look into it any farther because I am to old to worry about it . I do think it moves around alot easyer than they claim.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I doubt if I would have contact w bodily fluids or even be close to anyone like that. I may wait 21 days or use my Medicare and go somewhere else...the VA only makes 2 apts 6 mos apart unless you are sickly so the scare would be over by the time of my next appt. Then again my Doc at the VA calls in one appt and sees me the other in a year so highly doubtful it would affect me.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this becomes a problem....you wont have to worry about if there are ebola patients at the hospital or not.....there WILL be. Go or don't .
    I dont go anywhere near those places -even now- ....unless I'm dying....so wont make a difference to me either way.
    Bone up on self treatment .....and maintain a backup of any vital medical supplies you might need.
    If this thing gets rolling here - the only way you will get treatment is if you have ebola .....or if you have a PRIVATE doctor.
    I dont really think it would take very long for the entire system to come crashing down around us if the # of infected doubles here every 21 days!
    The CDC cant even keep their staff safe - with 1 patient!!!! ...so NO ....I wont be going anywhere near any areas that have infected individuals. This is all a MOOT POINT anyway....since its really the ones you DONT know are around you that are the real concern.
    Who cares if a couple are flown back to the US in bubbles....there are probably more walking into the country right now....with no quarantine.
    I really hope they are NOT lying about this $hit....because I dont want to see what would happen if everyone decided it wasnt safe to go to work any more.
    Doctors, nurses, fast food workers, Walmart employees.....EEEEKKKK!!! Makes my head spin to think about it!
    ...I'm off to have a stiff drink!

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd load up the family and book it north, then west until I ran out of fuel and funds.

60% mortality, spreads lien th flu, can only treat symptoms. As much as I want to watch my son bleed to death from the inside, Best plan I have is out run this garbage.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Something else to think about.....if you do contract Ebola......your personal possessions will be confiscated and destroyed....including your pets!

duchamp6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For years I thought those people walking down 9th avenue near PSC with medical masks on were kinda crazy....they may be the smart ones. As far as if our local hospitals had a case of ebola, I'd probably stay away as long as I could, unfortunately many people don't stay home when they're sick b/c they have to pay the bills, that's when this stuff will start spreading like wildfire.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they didn't act surprised when they announced that a nurse got it. beware or be aware. I would go to a different hospital. They have a hard enough time containing more common viruses. I heard more about occurrences of MERSA when I was working in healthcare facilities then out in public.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't think they really know that much about it. They act like they have a handle on it but the don't.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reason they don't have a handle on it in Africa is because the people there are a bunch of uncivilized animals who eat corpses, let dead bodies lay in the streets, eat monkeys and pigs that have good chances of being infected, attack the tent quantized zones and steal soiled materials, rape each other, etc. I can keep going, but you get the point. You can't contain a disease when the population is either too stupid or totally unwilling to do their part.

The spread of the disease to the US and to that nurse is the fault of the guy who flew here with it, knowing he had it.

We've brought several people here with it, Americans, and they're all still alive and didn't spread it to anyone because we are actually good at infection control. One idiot patient who flew here with it spread it to one nurse who was trying to care for him.

The people to blame are as follows: politicians who haven't cut off flights from Africa, and the idiot who came here and died.

Notice I didn't put any medical personnel on that list? There's a reason for that. We can't control an infection in someone when we don't know they have it and they're lying to us.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    ^^^AND because of all that I say we saved the Slaves from those conditions and they should be more grateful to be here to the point of paying us retribution of saving them!

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reason they don't have a handle on it in Africa is because the people there are a bunch of uncivilized animals who eat corpses, let dead bodies lay in the streets, eat monkeys and pigs that have good chances of being infected, attack the tent quantized zones and steal soiled materials, rape each other, etc. I can keep going, but you get the point. You can't contain a disease when the population is either too stupid or totally unwilling to do their part.

The spread of the disease to the US and to that nurse is the fault of the guy who flew here with it, knowing he had it.

We've brought several people here with it, Americans, and they're all still alive and didn't spread it to anyone because we are actually good at infection control. One idiot patient who flew here with it spread it to one nurse who was trying to care for him.

The people to blame are as follows: politicians who haven't cut off flights from Africa, and the idiot who came here and died.

Notice I didn't put any medical personnel on that list? There's a reason for that. We can't control an infection in someone when we don't know they have it and they're lying to us.

Seriously? The vector for Ebola Zaire and Ebola Sudan are bats. Pigs are a vector for Ebola Reston which doesn't have it's origin in Africa at all. Then you have the Marburg virus which is an Ebola variant. Lest we not forget Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever, Lassa Fever, Bolivian Hemorrhagic fever and Yellow Fever, of which by the way, the Bolivian vector is mouse piss and Yellow Fever, the vectors are mosquitos.

Hemorrhagic fever of any kind is a bitch and we are surrounded by it. No single blame source. One will get more press than the other, based on current media statistics at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom