• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doekiller77

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking at a doctor scope 3x12x56 Don't know a whole lot about it,What is it worth I did look on the web about it it said it was awesome i don't always believe the web.I just wondering if any of you have had any experience with them thanks

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Docter Optics 3 - 9 x 40, and it is excellent quality with very clear glass. They are made in Germany, and were originally part of the Carl Zeiss line.

About DOCTER®

A Brand with Tradition

Under the brand name DOCTER®, Analytik Jena continued a proud tradition in the development and manufacture of opto-electronic consumer products at the production facilities of Carl Zeiss first in Jena and later in Eisfeld. A success story with optical appliances that already lasts for 150 years is an expression of a great wealth of experience in optics, mechanics and electronics.
    http://www.docter-germany.de/en/about-us/about-docterr.html

DOCTER®classic 3-12x56 (Illuminated reticule)

http://www.sportingguns.com.au/inde...ategory_id=94&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

About four months ago, I thought about trading mine, until I looked it up and saw that it was going for 4 -5 times more than what I paid for it new in 2005. If you can get the money right, I don't believe you'll be sorry.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    X2 w/ Pat! I got a Docter 3x9x40 on my Steyr and love it! I wish I would have gone bigger but 3 bills was the most I was willing to fork out about 10 years ago....

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Docter scope in Germany. They were the East German Zeiss/Jena line before the wall came down, once they started operating on their own they changed to Docter v/s Karl Zeiss Jena.

They are great scopes but they are not like new Zeiss scopes.

In Germany, we hunted with 56mm scopes for night boar hunting. We couldn't use spotlights so the 56mm's would really bring in the illumination for us. All in all, you will not regret buying a Docter.

Top Bottom