• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bought me some ear corn today from a farmer in Walnut Hill. Got 745lbs and will go back and get another load later this week.

Also got some peanuts coming in from a guy that knows a guy that works in one of the mills in Jay. These are the ones that spill over during unloading and the samples after drying. They have stems and leaves in them as they are swept up off the floor. So far .... the deer and hogs don't care. Last year I ended up with about 1300lbs. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Several of us have a deal worked out with this guy for a certain amount of it. We pay $.08 per pound for it. It comes out of the cart with a screw auger directly into our trucks.

This year I am trying something different. I have been keeping my plots mowed. The "good" grass has come in pretty thick and even. I have thrown in more clover and will eventually throw out Elbon and Pastral rye grass. I have opened up my two big plots(I have another small one)to the tune of another 1/4th acre each. I will spend the money that I usually use for seed and planting for dry corn,cob corn,potatoes,and bread. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are you going to share this source for others to know about? Or is it a super secret squirrel deal that I need to know the secret handshake to get into the club to get? That's about half the price of most bagged prices right now. But you need to have the means to store it etc...

Top Bottom