DK Firearms

Charging handle sticking on Century Arms C39.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got the rifle and I know it is new but the charging handle keeps sticking on the hammer in the trigger group. I rack the charging handle about 200 times last night to see if I could put a little wear on it and see if it will stop but no. Unless I pull back hard and fast and release to let it slam home that is when the charging handle will not get stuck. Other than that it will stick. I saw a youtube video of the guy having the same problem but never said what his fix was. Is this normal with an ak? Here is a picture of where it sticks. I am not familiar with the AK platform so I have a lot of learning to do and I appreciate all the information.

Attachments

• 3-3-2015 12-23-58 PM.png
      3-3-2015 12-23-58 PM.png
      100 KB · Views: 236
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Completely normal. It'll shoot just fine. Just remember to not baby the bolt. Rack it like a man! Lol.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What he said was take ur Tampon out before u go shooting!!!

I will be off my period by then or maybe cycle back over. But on a serious note I the video I saw they were explaining how when they were shooting it kept it from going into battery. I haven't shot it yet. I am just repairing everything before I drive an hour to shoot and it does the same thing. Just trying to alleviate any errors.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be off my period by then or maybe cycle back over. But on a serious note I the video I saw they were explaining how when they were shooting it kept it from going into battery. I haven't shot it yet. I am just repairing everything before I drive an hour to shoot and it does the same thing. Just trying to alleviate any errors.

I have a grinder and a drimel tool if u wana stop bye???

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a grinder and a drimel tool if u wana stop bye???

Thanks I appreciate the offer. I think I am a good ways from you though in south Pensacola. I guess I could try doing a little polishing. The trigger is a Tapco G2 and has that black hard finish over the hammer so that could be it. I guess I won't find out until I shoot it. I wish I could find that video. So it is normal for an AK to do that?

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From my experience with the Tapco triggers is that the hammer sits a tiny tiny bit high and it will catch the bolt carrier , it just needs to be worn down. As said rack it, and let it slam home and shoot the crap out of it!!

Attachments

• 11.png
      11.png
      33.2 KB · Views: 227

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not trying to over simplify it but ............ rack it at the same speed as the burning powder/expanding gases racks it. If it sticks,you got a problem. If it doesn't,shoot it. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom