• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My first thought was "Heck yes, if somebody would have been carrying at the FSU library he could have stopped that idiot."
    But then I got to thinking , I know a lot of irresponsible young people. Now, I'm sure that a lot of them would be responsible but dang, there are a lot of show-offs, etc.
    I can just see somebody pulling his CCW out at the student union and showing his buddies. Somebody puts their finger where it shouldn't be and somebody gets shot. The antis would have a field day.
    Plus you would have the hot heads that would draw when somebody took their parking space. I doubt that it's a good idea. A little more maturity needed than what the average college student possesses.
    Note I said "average" . There are always exceptions.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This will probably never see the light of day. If it does, I'll be shocked. They need to allow this along with people being allowed to carry on any school campus. I don't understand why I get the privilege of being an unarmed victim just to pick up my kid from school.:crazy: We shall see...

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first thought was "Heck yes, if somebody would have been carrying at the FSU library he could have stopped that idiot."
    But then I got to thinking , I know a lot of irresponsible young people. Now, I'm sure that a lot of them would be responsible but dang, there are a lot of show-offs, etc.
    I can just see somebody pulling his CCW out at the student union and showing his buddies. Somebody puts their finger where it shouldn't be and somebody gets shot. The antis would have a field day.
    Plus you would have the hot heads that would draw when somebody took their parking space. I doubt that it's a good idea. A little more maturity needed than what the average college student possesses.

I also know a lot of of immature adults....... I have been conceal carrying since I was 19 years old. Yes I have had a permit since I was 19. Currently now I am 21. Never felt the urge to actually pull my weapon to "show" someone. I hope they pass this bill. It is completely stupid to not to allow it.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We've debated this at work - one of the local colleges - and the consensus was that faculty and staff that had been trained and had the permits should be allowed.

Most of the students I come into contact with I wouldn't trust with a cap pistol.
    But as has been said , it definitely comes down to the maturity level and overall mindset of the individual no matter their age.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We trust people when they are 21 whether they are in college or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why create a gun free zone at a college??????????????

21 year old adults are all over the place. Not just at a college. I just don't see how we trust a so called adult that is 21 yet not on a school campus to carry, yet he or she automatically becomes a danger to someone else the minute they step foot on a campus?

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We trust people when they are 21 whether they are in college or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why create a gun free zone at a college??????????????
    Speak for yourself. I don't really trust anyone 100%

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I heard on the radio, it would not be "anyone" you have to be military active or ex, or LEO or former, or ?? and pass their background check.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom