• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw the other thread about best burgers and got to thinking, I've really been looking for a top notch steak. So what say y'all? Who's got the best steak in our area? I really love a good filet mignon.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jackson's is the only place you'll get a "steakhouse" quality aged and proper sized porterhouse. My wife usually gets the filet, but only eats half, so I can say that the filet impressive.

As far as filets, Angus used to have a good one, but they closed. Dharma Blue makes a good one too, and the place is much more casual.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    McGuires and Texas Road House.

Last time I was in Angus we sat at table where underneath a fresh German roach egg had just hatched. Little baby roaches were crawling on the table the whole time. Pretty gross !!!

Rick

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to agree with McGuires, we went to the one in Destin last weekend and you could literally cut the New York strip with a butter knife with ease.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doesn't help local but .....

Ive eaten in all of the places mentioned so far but the most amazing steak I've ever had was a little place in Pawnee, OK. I had that steak over 10 years ago and nothing since has ever come close. I have virtually given up eating steak because of that.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't give a shit! Oh wrong thread. I'll have to agree, McGuires does serve a good steak, but I prefer a quieter atmosphere. Stay away from Outback, it sucks.
    Anyone try the coach and four?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think Mcguires quality has been slipping in recent years...

Like Dan said, Jacksons is the only true 'steakhouse quality' steak around here, Irv Miller (head chef at Jacksons) is my next door neighbor, so I'm a bit biased.

If i really want a good steak, I go to the Butcher Shoppe on Lillian/Fairfield and buy a dry aged rib eye and sear it on the BGE at 800° for a couple of minutes.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have had steak at all the above (with the exception of Ok and Jackson's) and like the steak I prepare better. I have to confess that a friend just introduced me to smoked rib eye up at our deer camp and it was amazing - better than McGuire's smoked prime rib.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My vote for local would go to either longhorn, or coach n four, although coach n four seems to be a little hit or miss.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    John, I'll have to try that Ribeye.
    At home, I usually filets, restaurant style, seared in an iron skilled and finished in the oven with lots of compound butter.

If you think McGuires has good steak. Have the porterhouse at Jackson's. You'll never look at a steak the same again.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Elephant walk has a great steak. And beachside does too. Both in the Destin area. From Destin to Panama City there are a ton of great Resteraunts off the beaten path that all serve great food of all types.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess the population density doesn't support many restaurants in Miday because I was surprised at the lack of places to eat between GB and Navarre. I don't go that way more than once a year on average.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Years ago, I had a friend who worked for NASA. She was, no kidding, a Nigerian Princess and Mensa member. Anyway, we're sitting in an Irish pub once and she's deciding what to get, and I say, "Well, the steak sounds good" and she says "I don't eat a steak under $20"

At the time I thought it was the most ridiculous and pretentious thing I had ever heard, but if you think about it, it kinda makes sense. Particularly if you watch what you eat, which I don't, I just like good food. Probably too much. Lol.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to take the lady out to Ruth Chris or Cuve bistro on very rare occasions. If you don't mind putting up with 98 traffic, they're top notch. But during a typical week, rib eye at Texas or mcguires. Have yet to go to jacksons.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a place I'd recommend for the best steak , but goto Texas Road House and order the boneless pork chops. Omg, and if you like mushrooms and onions add those and bam! Soo good. I've had it several times and recommended to friends and it's always been consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom