• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My 10" 7.62x39 anderson cheap phosphate barrel hits the steal at 130yrds with iron sites and red dots. I know thats not any sign of modern day accuracy but Id take it to the neighborhood shoot out any day.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Just realized I never followed up on this! Ended up ordering it and figured I'd return it if something was wrong. Exterior finish was a little ugly, but it gauged perfectly and actually seems pretty well made. Was nicely pre-dimpled and the gas port was drilled well. Barrel extension was smooth, all the lugs look good, and it assembled without any trouble.

Karlfucious

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They probably run just fine but personally I would just go for ballistic advantage barrels. You can typically find them on sale pretty regularly for $100 and some times around $80 So not a huge price increase for a better quality barrel than anderson.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just realized I never followed up on this! Ended up ordering it and figured I'd return it if something was wrong. Exterior finish was a little ugly, but it gauged perfectly and actually seems pretty well made. Was nicely pre-dimpled and the gas port was drilled well. Barrel extension was smooth, all the lugs look good, and it assembled without any trouble.

Following your thread for range report!

On a slightly different note, I bought one of those PSA Freedom upper/parts kit combos and was very satisfied for range shooting fun, Banging those steel plates at ERGC is fun for me.
    BUT,,,,,,,decided to get a CCMG .22LR adapter to play more with less money’s.

Got away with no problems with my other AR’s with 1-12 and 1-7 twist by just ending the shooting session by sending a few 5.56 rounds down the barrel to push the nasty .22lr stuff out of the bore.
    This PSA stainless barrel didn’t like the .22lr and seems the 5.56 cleaning shots only “ironed in” the lead into the rifling.
    Picture of target Tumbling bullets at 25 yards

IMG_1198.jpeg

I just could not clean it out even with the tips from Oneshot and Dayzee gave me.

Gotta shorten this up,,,,,,,,,
    Contacted PSA and quickly got return authorization after telling them what I did.

They send me another upper!!!!
    Hurray!!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Have lots of PSA and they are good, interesting though some prefer heavy 62 to 77 and some prefer light 40 to 55. Their 223 Wylde barrel I have shoots everything equally well. Hope to shoot the FN barrel soon. The Anderson lower I have has been rock solid. Best shooter I have overall so far is my core 15 all factory, but I did put a NB bcg in it, slicker than whale sh$(.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Following your thread for range report!

On a slightly different note, I bought one of those PSA Freedom upper/parts kit combos and was very satisfied for range shooting fun, Banging those steel plates at ERGC is fun for me.
    BUT,,,,,,,decided to get a CCMG .22LR adapter to play more with less money’s.

Got away with no problems with my other AR’s with 1-12 and 1-7 twist by just ending the shooting session by sending a few 5.56 rounds down the barrel to push the nasty .22lr stuff out of the bore.
    This PSA stainless barrel didn’t like the .22lr and seems the 5.56 cleaning shots only “ironed in” the lead into the rifling.
    Picture of target Tumbling bullets at 25 yards

View attachment 237249

I just could not clean it out even with the tips from Oneshot and Dayzee gave me.

Gotta shorten this up,,,,,,,,,
    Contacted PSA and quickly got return authorization after telling them what I did.

They send me another upper!!!!
    Hurray!!
    Talk about a good sd/HD gun..... whooo!

Top Bottom