DK Firearms

Anybody else get a response from Jeff Miller?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've always gotten good responses form Congressman Miller. Most don't seem to be "form" letters but actually well thought out and personal.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well got it 10 minutes ago:

Dear Mr. Davis,

Thank you for contacting me with regards to the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees an individual's right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate knowing your views about the issues affecting Northwest Florida and our nation.

Over the course of our nation's history, we have experience several horrific events that have taken the lives of countless innocent people. These unspeakable tragedies, including most recently, the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, remind us all that evil knows no boundaries. Our hearts and prayers continue to go out to those whose lives have been forever changed, and while we may never know the answer to the question "why", what we do know is through God's grace and our strength as a nation, we cannot, and we will not bow down to evil.

In response to the recent tragedies, there has been much discussion regarding gun control, gun free zones, and the reintroduction of the assault weapons ban. Under President Obama's direction, Vice President Biden is leading efforts to end gun-related violence through policies, including an assault weapons ban. Senator Dianne Feinstein, a long time advocate for gun-control and author of the 1994 assault weapons ban, has pledged to reintroduce and pass her assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

It is important to keep in mind that far too often, we see attention paid to the firearm and not the criminal. It has been proven that infringing on the rights of innocent Americans, as shown as a result of the prior semiautomatic firearm ban that expired in September 2004, will not end violent crime and put an end to all evil. It is my hope that within these discussions, all factors that play a role in criminal activity is taken into consideration.

I am a firm believer in protecting the longstanding American right to keep and bear arms. Rest assured, I will continue to work hard with my colleagues in Congress to see that this fundamental right is not infringed upon and will remain opposed to any action that would infringe upon, revoke, or limit that right in any way.

If you would like to receive further information on issues of importance to you, please log on to my website at http://jeffmiller.house.gov/. As always, please feel free to contact my office if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely,

Jeff Miller
    Member of Congress

Latest posts

Top Bottom