• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the local youko sherf sectuary wont let me get finger printed for my ccw because they clame they cant get the fed back ground check done which is a bunch of bullshit. We are leaving in the morning to come back down there for the winter and I thought I read on here that AL will issue a non res ccw. I'm old and it might have been another state that does it. Someone let me know please.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From Alabama's state website:

http://www.ago.state.al.us/Page-Gun-Reprocity-Law#nonresident

NOTE REGARDING NON-RESIDENCE LICENSES
    Will Alabama honor a non-resident concealed handgun license in addition to honoring the concealed handgun licenses issued to a resident of one of the states that recognizes and honors Alabama concealed handgun licenses?

Alabama issues concealed handgun licenses only to residents of Alabama, through the sheriff of their county of residence.

Some states, with whom we have reciprocal recognition of concealed handgun licenses, issue handgun licenses not only to residents of their state but also issue "non-resident" concealed handgun licenses to residents of other states.

At the present time, Act 2001-494 does not specifically address the issue of Alabama's recognition of a non-resident handgun license issued by a state with which Alabama has reciprocal recognition of concealed handgun licenses. Nor is there a formal Attorney General's Opinion, or Alabama case law on this subject. If an Alabama law enforcement agency requests and receives an official Attorney General's Opinion that opinion will be available to the public on our web site in the Opinions section.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe Florida issues Non-Res CCW, which are recognized in AL.

Edit: Here is some more information.

From the Florida CCW reciprocity page:
    The Attorney General's Office of the State of ALABAMA has indicated that Alabama will honor
    BOTH resident and non-resident Florida licenses. However, the Alabama Attorney General notes
    that there is some uncertainty as to the limits of Alabama's reciprocity law as it pertains to nonresident
    licenses. Pending clarification by the Alabama Legislature or a decision by an Alabama
    court, he urges non-resident Florida license holders to exercise caution. Licensees should call
    authorities in Alabama to obtain the most current information.

And here are some links: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Frequently-Asked-Questions

http://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/forms/FormsRequest790.aspx

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok thanks,Guess thats a NO. Piss you off that some sec won't even try to get on the fed site to see if they can get in even after you tell them that WallMart has no problem with it. That is what flusters us old people.:frusty:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called laziness. People are buying guns still. The background check system is considered essential to public safety. They are not going to shut that down right now. What state are you trying to get your license in right now?

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was trying in Ga but we just got back to Al tonight. SO no ccw for at least 6 mo. Kind of sucks so I will get it when I get back to Ga. Write more tomorrow it was a long day on the road and just got set up.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you have a license in another state? Are you sure that it does not have reciprocity with Alabama? My Florida license is good in at least 33 states. Of course, no license at all is needed here in Alaska!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No I didn't have one so it would have been my first one. Would have been in the works if the yoyo at the sheriff office would have just agreed to take the app and finger print me . Clamed the fed background check wasn't working because of the gov shut down. Didn't make any diffrence that WallMart was doing them. Said there would be to much of a backlog and to try it later. Well I had to be down here to start work for the winter and will be here 6 months so I cn't get them untill then.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom