• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was a bad day to be shooting with lots of wind but I rushed a quick preliminary test on 4 different kinds of ammo today.
    I also think my rifle shoots tighter groups when the barrel is heated up so with all the possibilities this is how it went today.
    target was 101 yards away.
    the brown box ammo gave a disappointing 2 1/4" group right off the bat although the wind was an issue. everything shot low but I was not there to adjust the scope.
    next up the white box also only shot a 2" 3 shot group twice.
    I expected the wolf to be the worst of the lot but I was wrong.
    wolf Black box shot a 1 1/2" 3 shot group then I opened it up with 2 more shots .
    best of the day was the square box wolf Mil Classic which gave me a 1" group but then I just blasted out the rest of the ammo in my clip and opened that group up and called it a day since I had spring maintenance to do on my tractor and pump spring water to the tower.
    pic of the 2 types of wolf ammo added
    I did not bring the ammo I shot so well with the other day that is in a plain wrapper and tied together by string . looks were deceiving as I expected the poor packaging to be poor rounds but I was wrong.
    on a calm day I will give it all another go when I have more time.
    wa.jpg
    t0.jpg
    t1.jpg

Attachments

• t0.jpg
      t0.jpg
      330.5 KB · Views: 237
    • t1.jpg
      t1.jpg
      174 KB · Views: 244
    • wa.jpg
      wa.jpg
      134.3 KB · Views: 270
    Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very cool. I have always said that people underestimate the wolf military classic. It works great in my 47.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About all you can expect from the ammo and weapon, just what they are designed for and plenty sufficient.

Hey Frank...are you actually saying that 1MOA is O.K. performance.?!! LOL! I know AK's get a bad rap "spray and pray" .....but doubt most shooters could put 3 rounds inside of an inch at 100yds with ANY factory hunting rifle...let alone with 20 cent a round ammo.
    Not picking on you....just pointing out the reality - bulk factory ammo shooting 1moa - matches or beats most rifle platforms out there.
    You would most likely have to go with a bedded bolt action, heavy barreled rifle,match trigger ...with hand loaded rounds to get sub MOA results....maybe.
    I would consider 2 MOA effective for a battle rifle.
    This is a little more than sufficient. I guess some people are hard to impress!:boink:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think almost all good makers of hunting rifles and factory ammo would be disappointed with anything over a 1MOA I know I would on my AR's.

The consistency of doing that out of an AK is good, I was just remarking it was a good thing as minute of man is all the gun and ammo was built for. The inconsistent loading of the ammo and bullets weights will make it hard to repeat over and over. You got a good one there.

Top Bottom