• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So...I built a kit. The rivets worked fine...barrel is good, etc. The issue is that I can chamber the first round and it will fire great. One of two things happens afterward....the next round will not chamber and the bolt won't return to firing position....or the round will chamber, but will not fire. Any ideas?

Also...the bolt will stick to the rear and has to be bumped forward when I am loading the first round.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check the Hammer, I was having the same problem as you stated and the hammer was sitting just a bit high and would not let the bolt release without a bit of force.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a prebent receiver. I took it out again today, and it will chamber round 2, but I found that the hammer wasn't cocked. I de-burred the rails.....any other ideas?

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took gun back to the woods today. A little better.....not as many jams, however, after 3 to 5..very fast rounds.....the next round would chamber, but the hammer would not be cocked. Any ideas?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Really no way that the hammer would not be cocked when carrier goes back so hammer is probably following the carrier back so something in the trigger group is off. Check hammer, trigger, disconnect function with carrier out, holding the hammer with thumb cycling trigger as if firing and letting off to see if disconnect stays too far back. Clear as mud??

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Are both the rear "legs" of the hammer spring in the right position? Do you have another functioning AK type rifle to compare it to? Do you have some more fire control parts you could substitute?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom