• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had previously bought from KYGUNCO so I receive emails from them. Yesterday I received an email about specials that they were offering. One was a special on a SAR 2000 (a CZ75 clone). Because it was a special price you had to add it to your cart to see the price. When I checked to item in my cart I was amazed to see that the price was $89.99. I immediately ordered one and received confirmation for the order. This morning I received an email apologizing that there was a "technical glitch" and the item was no longer available. Gee, even though the order was confirmed I suppose I didn't get one of the ones that was in stock!
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 8.42.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 8.42.57 AM.png

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Similar thing happened to a person I work with on Amazon. Different product, but advertised for a very low price, he ordered, even received a shipping/estimated delivery confirmation, and then they shut it down...

BS, IMO. Honor the deal. Take it out of the paycheck of the person(s) that #$%^ed it up. Circle back and have hard look at who your are hiring, promoting, and retaining.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I responded to their email cancelling the order. I told them that an honorable business would fulfill the order even if it was a mistake on their part. They have a reputation to uphold. I have not heard back from them as yet. I wonder if I ever will?

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

"A technical glitch" is an easy but lazy answer. It's like saying if you don't agree with me you're a "racist".​

Seller is looking for short term gain rather than long term relationship. IMO The relationship, will in the end, be more beneficial to the seller. I've never bought from KyGunCo and after hearing this encounter it's not likely I will.

Last edited:

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So all you guys are telling me is that if you posted an ad on this forum for, let's say, a Glock 19. You type out the ad, list all of the relevant information, and when you get to the price, you accidentally miss a digit and don't realize it. Now, I see the ad for a like new, Gen 5 Glock 19 for $50! I post "I'll take it!" And send you a PM. Now, what everyone here is saying, is that YOU will honor the price listed and sell me your gun for only 10% of what you intended to sell it for??? That's mighty generous of you.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

MNOFSTL

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So all you guys are telling me is that if you posted an ad on this forum for, let's say, a Glock 19. You type out the ad, list all of the relevant information, and when you get to the price, you accidentally miss a digit and don't realize it. Now, I see the ad for a like new, Gen 5 Glock 19 for $50! I post "I'll take it!" And send you a PM. Now, what everyone here is saying, is that YOU will honor the price listed and sell me your gun for only 10% of what you intended to sell it for??? That's mighty generous of you.

A SAR would not be $800, so that “missing digit” is an invalid defense.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A SAR would not be $800, so that “missing digit” is an invalid defense.
    The missing digit was likely the first digit. So, yes, it's a valid argument! They probably just missed the 4 or 5 or whatever it should have been. The point is that mistakes happen. Everyone here has made them. Everyone that logged in and saw the $89 price on a brand new SAR pistol KNEW that was not the correct price! Don't get butt hurt when you don't get it for that price.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Similar thing happened to a person I work with on Amazon. Different product, but advertised for a very low price, he ordered, even received a shipping/estimated delivery confirmation, and then they shut it down...

BS, IMO. Honor the deal. Take it out of the paycheck of the person(s) that #$%^ed it up. Circle back and have hard look at who your are hiring, promoting, and retaining.
    4w03ce.jpg

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I get the business should honor it, but you knew going in it was a mistake and had your fingers crossed.

Move on.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The missing digit was likely the first digit. So, yes, it's a valid argument! They probably just missed the 4 or 5 or whatever it should have been. The point is that mistakes happen. Everyone here has made them. Everyone that logged in and saw the $89 price on a brand new SAR pistol KNEW that was not the correct price! Don't get butt hurt when you don't get it for that price.

SAR is dirt cheap to begin with. Anything in the $100 range is not out of the range of possibility for a special price or a blem, especially when importer cost is like $50

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

Not apples to apples defense. IMO. Your example is for a one time forum sale vs. a dealer that wants to stay in business with as many repeat customers (good will) as possible. How much would the dealer have lost if he owned the mistake but said "my bad" and I'm going to make it good for the orders that did accept the item for that price $10, $50, $100, $1000. per unit? My guess, and that's all we are talking about here is a guess, he will loose more than gain by not honoring the internet price mistake. My guess, there's that word again, many people will understand and say "Oh, a mistake in posting the item, I understand" thanks for owning it but not thanks and you have a great day, sir. Example; Does anyone believe myorkas when he says the southern border is secure? There you go. I'm not changing the OP just offering an example. People understand mistakes. On the other hand people hate to be lied to.

Last edited:

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Im tricked on this forum all the time when someone post sale price for $1 and I find out its 2 items for $1200 and $1300. Blood moves to other parts then things turn blue.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Im tricked on this forum all the time when someone post sale price for $1 and I find out its 2 items for $1200 and $1300. Blood moves to other parts then things turn blue.
    I list a dollar when it's multiple items in an ad but never for a single item. The ones that get me are "2 rifles for sale $500" and when you open it up, one is 500 and the one you want is 1750, lol.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It was a scam, lol.
    This. Iv seen lots of overlays like this on seemingly legitimate sites. They get your IP address, card info, address, etc. Check your bank account and online accounts.
    I hope it was just a glitch, but it also looks like what I see at work (Cybersecurity)...alot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom