A dog makes waterfowl hunting more tolerable.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman940

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a nice morning hunt in N. TX. A buddy lets me jump tanks on his Longhorn Ranch. I am using my Riton Optics 5 Primal 10X42 ED Bino, an early Christmas present to myself. I chose them because of how light they are to carry and their low light visibility. I glassed a tank that had a few Gadwall and Widgeon on it. My dog and I snuck around and came up on em perfectly. 3 shots 3 birds down. We sat on the bank, and 2 Widgeon returned, and we were done. After that, I sat in my pick-up bed with my spotter watching geese eat in the winter wheat field while trying to figure out the best place to pass-shoot them coming from water. It's always fun getting out with your dog and putting down a few birds. Anyone with a hunting dog knows how much fun it is to get their dog some field time. It is nice to do it on a bluebird day when the temps are not in the 20s and the wind is howling!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 2.12.17 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 2.12.17 PM.png
      1.9 MB · Views: 42

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Had a solid white German shepherd that was a natural deer dog, she sounded like a coosa hound off miles running them through the woods. I never dog hunt deer, but she was just as impressive as a tracker, friends would borrow her, she'd come home stained red from following blood trails. She an affinity for venison Scooby snacks! My chiweenie looks like a long legged dachshund, and she can move! Getting old but can still catch rabbits, rats, mice, moles, voles & lizards, she hasn't figured out how to catch a buzzard, but she runs them, she's a joy to watch work! As are any working dogs, yours looks like he takes his job seriously. Not a water fowler myself, but if I were, I wouldn't go without a retriever, I'm not swimming out there!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom