• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just bought a carbine and looking for those best mods you've done to yours.
    Definitely go for an aftermarket grip first, and/or upgrade the selector switch. Those two things are a must in my book. I went with a Magpul grip and it alone alleviated the selector digging into my hand, but if you have beastly hands it may still be a problem. I went with the first gen yeti wurks trigger also, I like it moreso than stock, but I'm sure there's other options available now. I've had mine for three years or so, and other than the grip and selector issue, it's been flawless. Its always with me when I go to the range, or to my property. It's in my top 3 favorite guns to shoot that I own, though I have the pistol version with a sb brace.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good to know. I was looking at the Mantacore Arms grip and the Magpul grip. I think the right side safety delete might be what I go with as well as the HDI trigger kit. But I need to get a good range trip in and see how it does stock. Trigger doesn't feel terrible, but I think I'd like better for sure.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have the HBI trigger kit and mag release. I would definitely do both of those again. I have the Apex grip, it was a little better, but not a huge performance improvement. My buddy has the HBI charging handle. It looks cooler, but not a big change.

Not sure if you are going to put an optic on it, but I like the Vortex Prism AR with the DRT reticle.

Love my scorpion.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With the spring kit being cheap, that'll be one of the first things I get for HDI. But I've got a little of everything sitting in my cart because...why not! I have an MRO I picked up cheap during all the sales, but for what I'll use this for I might just stick a Primary Arms red dot on it. I'm going to take both when I hit the range this week.

Any of you guys used the PSA AKV mags? Reviews say they work great and they are cheap right now. 13.99/each.

Top Bottom