Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    I purchased my first in 1970 it was a ruger buntline 22/22mag with a 9 inch barrel, I was 16 years old at the time. I knew that I had to have a license to have it so I went to see the sheriff, I walked into his office and he called me by my name ( how the hell he knew me I had no idea) he asked me how he could help me so I told him I needed a pistol license, he asked me my age so I told him, he said that the age was 21 to get a license, I told him that I understood but if he didn't give me one that I would carry the pistol anyway. He looked at me and said that will be $5.00. I have had a license ever since, end of story

2. Likes Fathertime's Post:

My first in 1971 was a Ruger Standard Automatic with 6” barrel & fixed sights.
    Used accumulated High School Graduation money to pay for it at KMart located corner of Davis Hwy and Brent Lane.
    $47.00!

Dad didn’t want me to have it but finally convinced him to sign for it.
    Wasn’t long before I could not miss anything with that pistol. Eventually sold it and in 1979 bought a Ruger Mark I Target from Montgomery Wards in Cordova Mall.Still got it!
    Can’t miss with it even today if the target isn’t too small.
    Last edited by Plinker; 11-05-2018 at 02:10 PM.

4. Likes Plinker's Post:

Banned
    My first handgun was a Walther P22. I had expressed interest in shooting to a friend of mine, and for reasons I can't recall, he steered me toward the P22. It was fun to shoot, but picky about ammo and quite a chore to get back together after cleaning - screws and springs launching everywhere. That didn't stop me from buying the "matching" Walther G22 as my first rifle.

I eventually traded the P22 toward my first carry gun, a Beretta PX4 9mm subcompact.

6. Likes meek's Post:

22LR
    First firearm was a Hi Point 9C... what a brick, but I was broke back then and it was cheap. Besides being big, heavy and ugly... damn thing was reliable. Canít say I miss it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes SharpShooter's Post: