• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not to derail but what's the chances anyone actually worked on the continuing resolution in between writing memos? Deadline is Thursday right?

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they could vote on an operating budget without adding all the pork they would not need all the continuing resolutions. They might actually pass some meaningful laws to benefit all Americans.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the Memo: "Steele was a longtime FBI source". So he was a Spy/High Level Department Head at MI6, now retired (Lol). This clearly indicates Steele worked directly for the FBI for "longtime".

Note: It doesn't say longtime source from MI6 or while an Agent of MI6. Was Steele a double agent? Was Steele still secretly (what spys do) working for the Brits to influence the Presidential Election similar to the alleged Russian issue?

So Steele worked for the FBI, had a known anti Trump bias: generates a Dossier with intel/dirt. Leaks some contents to the media. Sells it via GPS Fusion (FBI Wife connection), paid by DNC/hitlery. The money is true but only provides a believable motive deversion. Dossier is turned over to FBI (Steele longtime Handler/employer) who use it at FISA Court and cite media (from Steele delibert leaks) as corroboration the content is factual.

Even crumbs can tell you what the cake tastes like.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I still say . . . we are gonna eventually find out some of the other abuses of the FISA courts. I'd be willing to bet that the judge that signed the warrent is dirty as hell. Seems to me that he signed off . . waaaay to easy,not demanding enough/more proof.
    AND . . . if they spied on this one guy,why not others that were even closer to Trump. No judge in his right mind would have signed a warrent to spy on Trump. So all you gotta do is get permission(or NOT)to spy on someone close to Trump knowing that while spying on the target,you will "accidentally" record Trump ( oops,sorry).
    Do the American people have a right to be paranoid about the goings on of the TOP intel communities. . . . YOU DAMN RIGHT WE DO !!!! ---- SAWMAN

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The FISA judges are appointed by the Supreme Court Chief judge - a Republican appointee. The identity of these judges is kept it confidential for their safety. Also there were three different judges who signed off on this FISA warrant - because it has to be renewed every 90 days.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The court's judges are appointed solely by the Chief Justice of the United States without confirmation or oversight by the U.S. Congress. This gives the chief justice the ability to appoint like-minded judges and create a court without diversity. "The judges are hand-picked by someone who, through his votes on the Supreme Court, we have come to learn has a particular view on civil liberties and law enforcement", Theodore Ruger, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, said with respect to Chief Justice John Roberts. "The way the FISA is set up, it gives him unchecked authority to put judges on the court who feel the same way he does." And Stephen Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas School of Law, added, "Since FISA was enacted in 1978, we've had three chief justices, and they have all been conservative Republicans, so I think one can worry that there is insufficient diversity."

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The flow of FISA Warrant requests: The Lead Agency collects all its revelant and supporting documentation ant that from other Agencies. The Lead refines the information via its Legal Section FISA Lawyers. This product is passed to a Section of Lawyers that work under the FISA Court. These Lawyers review the document package and identify problem areas and areas of concern that might lead to the Warrant Requests rejection. The Lead agency corrects deficiencies and resubmits. Only Warrant Requests that are approved by this FISA Lawyers Section go to the FISA Court Judge. However, with the FISA Courts Warrant approval rate above 99%, it would be appropriate to say "Its a done deal BEFORE a FISA Judge considers the Request. When we add the SECRET protections afforded the FISA Court and the FISA Court making its own procedural rules and interpretations of Law: we all should understand the dangers of it use and abuse.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know Nunes and voted not a month ago to keep these procedures in place. in doing so he rejected a bipartisan effort to limit FISA and to put in some additional safeguards

WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives voted on Thursday to extend the National Security Agency’s warrantless surveillance program for six years with minimal changes, rejecting a push by a bipartisan group of lawmakers to impose significant privacy limits when it sweeps up Americans’ emails and other personal communications.

The vote, 256 to 164, centered on an expiring law that permits the government, without a warrant, to collect communications from United States companies like Google and AT&T of foreigners abroad — even when those targets are talking to Americans. Congress had enacted the law in 2008 to legalize a form of a once-secret warrantless surveillance program created after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

White House statement issued on Wednesday night urged Congress to block significant new constraints on the N.S.A. program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/fisa-surveillance-congress-trump.html

Trump has signed the FISA renewal bill.
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-...-of-surveillance-powers-amid-uproar-over-memo

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lets say the FISA Court and NSA electronics surveillance program ARE pure as driven snow and soley operate IAW the Law. It is still reliant on the legality, ethics, morality, and personal/group/Agency loyalties of those that steer/feed content/material to steer it towards the outcome they desire.
    SHIT IN = SHIT OUT!

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True. What I honestly don't understand is why Trump supporters are angry that Carter Page - a Russian sympathizer since at least 2013 and who was been under off and on surveillance since 2014 - was being surveyed in October 2016 forward pursuant to a FISA warrant. Trump distanced himself from Page in August of 2016. Therefore Carter Page was a persona non grata for both parties at least 2 months before the surveillance. So why do Trump supporters care?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    True. What I honestly don't understand is why Trump supporters are angry that Carter Page - a Russian sympathizer since at least 2013 and who was been under off and on surveillance since 2014 - was being surveyed in October 2016 forward pursuant to a FISA warrant. Trump distanced himself from Page in August of 2016. Therefore Carter Page was a persona non grata for both parties at least 2 months before the surveillance. So why do Trump supporters care?

Because they see it as evidence of political leanings by the FBI, since it used(at least in part) a politically instigated and funded report as supporting evidence.
    It's similar to the story of the request to go into Wieners laptop sitting stagnant on a senior directors desk for weeks right before the election. It looks like it was stalled on purpose(which of course, a Clinton supporter will say timed perfectly to wreck her votes).
    And it all ties together with those bed mate agents texting each other, and the FBI loosing them due to a backup issue. Which even if it's true, sounds like a coverup.

What I'm wondering, is how often this stuff happens and isn't noticed because it doesn't pertain to something as high profile as anything related to the 16 election. And I'm not saying there isn't verifiable evidence uncovered by steele, or that there wasn't a accidental lose of saved text messages. But we are only getting glimpses and samples, and expected to take it on faith that it's not rotten. If someone already believes in the deep state, i totally see how all this just reinforces it.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the response.

The wiretap of Carter Page as evidence of FBI leanings - since neither the Republicans nor the Democrats wanted anything to do with Carter Page after August of 2016 I don't see how FISA warrant is an indication of any political bias. It does seem to reflect a concern that once again Page may be working with the Russians.

The laptop sitting on the agent's desk - the last minute disclosure of the laptop did affect the elections in favor of Trump and against Clinton primarily because of timing. If it had been disclosed a few months earlier I don't think it would have made nearly as much of an impact. So if we are playing the conspiracy game - then I have two related questions - how do we know that the disclosure of the investigation into the laptop was not delayed to n maximize negative effect on the Clinton campaign. Second, why did the FBI disclose to the public that it was investigation Clinton but did not disclose to the public that it was investigating Trump (which the FBI was as of July 2016 because of George Papodopolous (cannot spell his name and don't care to search for it again) Certainly if the FBI was anti Trump it would have disclosed the investigation and that would hurt Trump's campaign. (Someone said innocent until proven guilty as a reason- but by that logic the laptop investigation should not have been disclosed because the search of its contents was allegedly still going on at the time of the press release.)

In reality, I don't think the FBI as an institution is biased for or against any party and instead they are simply caught in the middle of an unusually politically charged climate.

The text message were found and they reveal two individuals who did not seem to care much for either candidate. Furthermore, the two agencies accused of the cover up are run to Trump appointees so it does not seem likely that a cover up would occur on their watch.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...according-to-department-justice-official.html

I do agree with you that if someone is already predisposed to conspiracy theories then the events of the last few months would feed that belief. But to quote the Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes, the wise man has to power to reason away." :)

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the only one I can even try and guess a reason at is why the investigation into trump was leapt quiet:
    Because it was at heart a counter intelegince operation and announcing the investigation would have sent the acting parties to ground. It would be like Sheriff Morgan announcing on channel three he was about to conduct a drug raid on the local Outlaws clubhouse tomorrow.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree that normally law enforcement does not discuss ongoing investigations. In the FBI case they typically would not have announced their investigation into Clinton or Trump. These are just weird times.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I see that the Dems are already starting to circle the wagons to protect Barry.
    He's innocent. He did nothing wrong. The Repubs are racist. That's old news. There is no there there. "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN."
    Just like Hillary . . . THEN . . . OOPS . . .GUILTY.
    I'd bet the farm that DaBro knew about all of this. Remember . . . the election was over,but he was still POTUS.--- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The real problem is that Trump IS GUILTY of treason, collusion, money laundering, intimidation, tampering, racism, biggotry, and general stupidity, lacking the mental stability to core and apple, along with everyone in the White House, including elected Republicans, and their supporters.

Hillary and the Clinton mob are NOT GUILTY of lying to the FBI, distruction of evidence, misdirecting classified material, planting salacious and false information, not following government protocol to protect and store classified info, Pay to Play while Sec. of State, collusion with Russia in the Uranium deal while getting kick-backs, misdirectiong money to the foundation, rigging the Democrat convention, rigging the presidential debates, while there were no efforts by top FBI officials to rig the election or undermine the republican nominee to prevent him from becoming President, and they are not trying to trap any and all republicans through the Mueller Special Council, and are all most certainly pure as the driven snow.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    Anybody? Did I get that right?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom