Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Thread: New gun

New gun

Got me a new gunnnnn...... two actually but this post is for my new to me(looks new altogether) Knight TK2000 12ga bp Shotgun.
    Anyone have any advice/experience with these? I know I've gotta order some of the plastic 209 holders from knight but I can't wait to shoot this thing. I love black powder and plan to rabbit/squirrel hunt with it.

12ga for rabbit and squirrel hunting, I guess you're not trying to save any meat LOL!
    Proud American and Air Force Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    12ga for rabbit and squirrel hunting, I guess you're not trying to save any meat LOL!
    Makes it nice and tender and the marinade soaks in better lol

Not to pass judgement, but maybe you've had little experience with squirrels and 12ga shotguns. Yes it will definitely ruin a squirrel, If you're on top of one when you shoot it.
    With a 12ga, you don't see how close you can get to a squirrel before shooting it, but rather shoot it at a distance. It's the difference between eating or murder (wasting meat). The majority of my squirrels only had a few pellets in them, usually only 1 pellet, 3 tops. Can't recall but only a few squirrels that I messed up with a 12ga as a kid, but still had half the meat left to eat. But I was still learning when I did that.
    My dad used to make the best bbq squirrel sauteed in a black-iron skillet you ever ate. I didn't get that many rabbits, but my dad did. He used a 12ga and a beagle. He never messed up a rabbit either. But then again, that was back in a time when it wasn't as much a sport as it was to put food on the table. Maybe that's the difference nowadays?
    Good luck with your 12ga muzzle loader, they're a hoot to shoot.
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

5. Likes Zeroed in's Post:

I've never had trouble with a regular 12 as long as you know the distance and don't use to tight a choke. I haven't shot this bp gun yet to know what it'll do

Have a lb or two of # 8 if you want it , around 2 of august ! maxfold

8. Likes maxfold's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maxfold View Post
    Have a lb or two of # 8 if you want it , around 2 of august ! maxfold
    Sent you a pm