• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You and revolver...looking forward to watching the bearded Jerry Miculek Saturday.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    gonna be interesting watching him try to keep up with only 6 rounds. I'll be shooting my carry gun for a change. Can't let the bearded fool beat me with his wheel gun when I'm shooting the comp gun!lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Should at least get a power factor in. JMO. But we won't change the rules anytime soon. Those Wilson folks are stubborn and set in their ways.
    Question, can we shoot a gun that doesn't fit the rules, if we have the scores thrown away at the end. Reason is that I'd like to shoot a gun with a threaded barrel to see how it does. For me, if a gun holds up and does well in competition, it's good enough for defense. In many industries, racing is used to as a test of build, hardware and features. Automobiles come to mind.
    Mike?

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Should at least get a power factor in. JMO. But we won't change the rules anytime soon. Those Wilson folks are stubborn and set in their ways.
    Question, can we shoot a gun that doesn't fit the rules, if we have the scores thrown away at the end. Reason is that I'd like to shoot a gun with a threaded barrel to see how it does. For me, if a gun holds up and does well in competition, it's good enough for defense. In many industries, racing is used to as a test of build, hardware and features. Automobiles come to mind.
    Mike?

Yes. NFC Rules

8.2.7 Not For Competition (NFC)
    8.2.7.1 IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms.
    Many everyday carry firearms do not fit into the 6 competition divisions.
    8.2.7.2 IDPA allows clubs to add a “Not for Competition” scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This
    division allows cartridges smaller than 9 mm, carry optics, activated lasers, non-illuminated mounted
    lights, and other pistols which do not fit into the other competition divisions to participate in local club
    matches.
    8.2.7.3 All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their
    placement on the body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire
    firearms to begin strings at low ready in lieu of requiring a holster.
    8.2.7.4 All IDPA membership rules apply.
    8.2.7.5 Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion
    with implementation so that match quality remains high.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the 3.60 barrel length or less. No 5 inch 1911. Also will we be drawing from a hoster? I remember the last time the gun was setting on a barrel when it was part of the 3 gun match

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was gonna try to shoot it with my 4" 1911 but my shipment of 45 hasn't come in yet. I'll have some 22LR that I found in my gun bins if anyone wants to buy them off me

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    was gonna try to shoot it with my 4" 1911 but my shipment of 45 hasn't come in yet. I'll have some 22LR that I found in my gun bins if anyone wants to buy them off me
    No 45 ammo, did I read this right? I'm some can be had at the match. Bring the 1911, we'll work out the rest.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have ammo I just like shooting 200gr over 230. I'll be shooting tomorrow but probably not the side match as usual. I'm bringing someone else to shoot so hopefully we dont scare him off lol.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As long as some of the guys on here don't scare him I think we'll be ok.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    aw crap....so I guess I shaved my legs for nothing, then?

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yall are freaking me out now... lol found some more ammo in my bins...maybe there is another 1911 or gun that I have forgotten about down there.

Top Bottom